Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Who is My Shelter by Neta Jackson

source: Amazon

A couple years ago now I discovered a book series that I instantly was hooked in to.  The series is called The Yada Yada Prayer Group.

There are seven books in this original series and I breezed through them in no time.  Naturally I was left wanting more.  I mean how could I not, I felt I had gotten "to know" these characters and I wasn't ready for the story to be over!

I was so happy when Neta Jackson released the next spin-off book series called A Yada Yada House of Hope.  The fourth installment of the series just came out on March 1 and I picked it up this past weekend.


Let's just say I started the book last night and when I finally turned the light off at a little after 2am I was left wondering when the next one was coming out.  Horrible I know!

Naturally the book ended with a lot of things left unfinished.  What happened to Lucy?  What about Gabby/Phillip/Lee?  Do Josh and Edesa adopt Gracie?  So that pushed me to Neta Jackson's website.  Imagine my surprise when I read that book 4 was the LAST book in this spin-off series.  WHAT?  NO!  But then I heard that she is working on another spin-off series and while that makes it better I can only hope that some (if not all) of main characters return and we find out what happened since "Who is my shelter?" concluded.

Now I will just wait for a release date of the new series and also pick up the parallel books (for the House of Hope series) that was written by Dave Jackson.

Although I would love it if some how these Yada Yada books were picked up for a mini-series or even some movies.  Oh how I would enjoy that! {dreaming}

disclaimer: I purchased all of these books on my own and just wanted to pass along a good Christian fiction series that I know others would enjoy.  The thoughts expressed in the review are 100% mine!