Monday, December 30, 2019

2020 Anticipated Reads: Series Edition



There are so many amazing books slated to be released in 2020. Here are a few that I am looking forward to. My plan is to read them all, but of course time will tell.

Love Her or Lose Her by Tessa Bailey is scheduled to be released on January 14, 2020. This is book two in the Hot and Hammered series. Love Her or Lose Her will follow Rosie and Dominic. They are a married couple who is having difficulty in their relationship, and they need to determine if they want to fix things or move on.


Here is the description from GoodReads:
Rosie and Dominic Vega are the perfect couple: high school sweethearts, best friends, madly in love. Well, they used to be anyway. Now Rosie’s lucky to get a caveman grunt from the ex-soldier every time she walks in the door. Dom is faithful and a great provider, but the man she fell in love with ten years ago is nowhere to be found. When her girlfriends encourage Rosie to demand more out of life and pursue her dream of opening a restaurant, she decides to demand more out of love, too. Three words: marriage boot camp.

Never in a million years did Rosie believe her stoic, too-manly-to-emote husband would actually agree to relationship rehab with a weed-smoking hippy. Dom talking about feelings? Sitting on pillows? Communing with nature? Learning love languages? Nope. But to her surprise, he’s all in, and it forces her to admit her own role in their cracked foundation. As they complete one ridiculous—yet surprisingly helpful—assignment after another, their remodeled relationship gets stronger than ever. Except just as they’re getting back on track, Rosie discovers Dom has a secret... and it could demolish everything.


A Favor for a Favor by Helena Hunting is going to be available on January 28, 2020. This is book two in the All In series. A Favor for a Favor is where we meet Stevie and Bishop. Bishop is a professional hockey player who has joined the new expansion team in Seattle. Stevie is RJ's (aka the team captain) little sister.


Check out the description from GoodReads:
When I joined Seattle’s NHL expansion team, I thought it was the start of something great. But nothing ever goes the way you expect. Take my introduction to my new neighbor. She came rolling in on the hot mess express at midnight, making a racket while she tried to get into my team captain’s apartment. Did I mention that he’s married to a woman who definitely was not her?

Imagine my surprise when I end up with an injury that has me out of the game for weeks, and she’s the one to offer to help me. I should probably add that she’s not the captain’s mistress. She’s his sexy, pastel-haired younger sister.

So we come up with an arrangement: she rehabs me so that I can get back on the ice sooner, and she can add a professional athlete that isn’t her brother to her client list. Seems simple enough. As long as I can keep my hands to myself and my hormones in check.

Wild at Heart by KA Tucker is coming on March 3, 2020. If you enjoyed A Simple Wild, then you are going to want to read this book! We are being reunited with Calla and Jonah. I don't know about you, but I cannot wait to see what happens next in their lives. Will they return to Alaska? Will they stay in Toronto? What has been going on with them? I'm also hopeful that we'll get an update on the other people at the airline Calla's dad had owned. I'm curious as to how they are all doing.


Are you hoping for a book description? Yeah, me too. Sadly there is NOTHING on GoodReads or Amazon. So we'll just have to be patient.

Undercover Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adams has a release date of March 10, 2020. In this second book of the series we will be following Liz and Mack. This is what I was hoping for when The Bromance Book Club ended. I had a feeling that should there be a second book that it would focus on these two. So yay me! I am looking forward to seeing what transpires with these two.


Here is the description from GoodReads:
Liv Papandreas has a dream job as a sous chef at Nashville’s hottest restaurant. Too bad the celebrity chef owner is less than charming behind kitchen doors. After she catches him harassing a young hostess, she confronts him and gets fired. Liv vows revenge, but she’ll need assistance to take on the powerful chef.

Unfortunately, that means turning to Braden Mack. When Liv’s blackballed from the restaurant scene, the charismatic nightclub entrepreneur offers to help expose her ex-boss, but she is suspicious of his motives. He’ll need to call in reinforcements: the Bromance Book Club.

Inspired by the romantic suspense novel they’re reading, the book club assist Liv in setting up a sting operation to take down the chef. But they’re just as eager to help Mack figure out the way to Liv’s heart… even while she’s determined to squelch the sparks between them before she gets burned.
 
A Secret for a Secret by Helena Hunting will be ready for us around May 12, 2020. This is the third, and final, book in the All In series. That's right, we get TWO books in the series in the first 5 months of 2020. While I'll be sad to see this series end, I am sure Helena has other great characters to introduce us to. Okay, so who is the focus of this book? Ryan and Queenie. Now I have a feeling that we'll get to meet Ryan in A Favor for a Favor, but I know nothing about Queenie. Well except for the fact that she is the daughter to the GM for the Seattle hockey team. You know, just a minor little thing. Bring it on Helena, bring it on. I'm ready. (Side note: If you're a fan of Helena's books and are on Facebook, you should join her group. She gives little teasers there, and oh how I enjoy them.)



You already know I grabbed the description from GoodReads for this book, so here you go:
My name is Ryan Kingston, and I’m a rule follower. I’ve never been in a fistfight. I always obey the speed limit. I don’t get drunk, and I definitely don’t pick up random women at bars.

Except the night I found out that my whole existence has been a lie.

I got drunk. And picked up a stranger.

Her name was Queenie, and she was everything I’m not: reckless, impulsive, and chaotic. We did shots and traded secrets. And ended up naked at my place.

She left me a thank-you note in the morning and her panties as a parting gift. But no way to contact her.

Six weeks later I’m sitting in the first official team meeting of the season, and there she is. I neglected to mention that I’m the goalie for Seattle’s NHL team.

And Queenie? Turns out she’s the general manager’s daughter.

Still with me? Oh I hope so. I still have a few more books to share. Let's continue.

Take a Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert is slated for release on June 23, 2020. This is book two in the Brown Sisters series, and we will be joining Dani as she seeks out a non-relationship relationship. Yep, that's right, she wants a friend with benefits. Nothing else is needed. Or is it?



Now I'll be honest, Get a Life Chloe Brown wasn't my favorite book. I did enjoy it, but I also felt it was just fine as a standalone. I don't think it needed to continue on. Yes, me the series lover just said that. That being said, I will still check this out. I have a feeling it's more of a "standalone" series where you don't necessarily need to read in order. Is it helpful? Well yes, because then you understand other characters who may be brought back. Again, just my thoughts.

Okay onto the GoodReads description:
Danika Brown knows what she wants: professional success, academic renown, and an occasional roll in the hay to relieve all that career-driven tension. But romance? Been there, done that, burned the T-shirt. Romantic partners, whatever their gender, are a distraction at best and a drain at worst. So Dani asks the universe for the perfect friend-with-benefits—someone who knows the score and knows their way around the bedroom. 
When brooding security guard Zafir Ansari rescues Dani from a workplace fire drill gone wrong, it’s an obvious sign: PhD student Dani and ex-rugby player Zaf are destined to sleep together. But before she can explain that fact, a video of the heroic rescue goes viral. Now half the internet is shipping #DrRugbae—and Zaf is begging Dani to play along. Turns out, his sports charity for kids could really use the publicity. Lying to help children? Who on earth would refuse?
Dani’s plan is simple: fake a relationship in public, seduce Zaf behind the scenes. The trouble is, grumpy Zaf’s secretly a hopeless romantic—and he’s determined to corrupt Dani’s stone-cold realism. Before long, he’s tackling her fears into the dirt. But the former sports star has issues of his own, and the walls around his heart are as thick as his... um, thighs. 
Suddenly, the easy lay Dani dreamed of is more complex than her thesis. Has her wish backfired? Is her focus being tested? Or is the universe just waiting for her to take a hint?

Taking a break from the romance genre for a moment, we are headed to a middle grade fantasy. That's right, I said middle grade. Yes, I am an adult. Yes, I am fully enjoying this series. moving on.

Hollowpox by Jessica Townsend is debuting around August 18, 2020. Hollowpox is the third installment in the Nevermoor series that follows Morrigan Crow. For those who are unfamiliar, Morrigan Crow is a unique young lady who is considered to be cursed, and she goes on to escape her death that is supposed to happen upon her 11th birthday. Jupiter North whisks Morrigan away to the world of Nevermoor, and he has plans for her. Jupiter has entered Morrigan into the Wunderous Society trials. Anyway a lot of things happen in the first two installments of the series, so I highly suggest you go check them out.


Curious as to what Hollowpox is about? Here's the description (yes, from GoodReads):
Morrigan Crow and her friends have survived their first year as proud scholars of the elite Wundrous Society, helped bring down the nefarious Ghastly Market, and proven themselves loyal to Unit 919. Now Morrigan faces a new, exciting challenge: to master the mysterious Wretched Arts of the Accomplished Wundersmith, and control the power that threatens to consume her.

Meanwhile, a strange and frightening illness has taken hold of Nevermoor, turning infected Wunimals into mindless, vicious Unnimals on the hunt. As victims of the Hollowpox multiply, panic spreads. There are whispers - growing louder every day - that this catastrophe can only be the work of the Wundersmith, Ezra Squall.

But inside the walls of Wunsoc, everyone knows there is a new Wundersmith - one who's much closer to home. With Nevermoor in a state of fear and the truth about Morrigan threatening to get out, the city she loves becomes the most perilous place in the world. Morrigan must try to find a cure for the Hollowpox, but it will put her - and everyone in Nevermoor - in more danger than she could have imagined.

On to the books that I do not have release dates for. All I know is that they are coming sometime in 2020. There is not even cover art available yet (to my knowledge).

A Complete Game by Aven Ellis is supposed to be coming in the first quarter of 2020. This is book three in the DC Soaring Eagles series. In this book we will meet back up with familiar faces, and Addison will meet Brady Jensen. Those familiar with Aven's books know that a romance is going to happen, as we always get our happily ever afters. That being said, what we don't know is the dramatic moments that will happen. Our characters always have a good fight or two where they break up, only to reconnect.

Things I know: there will be romance. There will be humor. Our favorite characters from the first two books will make an appearance. Also, if you're in Aven's group on Facebook you already know she's dropping teasers.

Royal Icing by Aven Ellis is rumored to be fall 2020, and is book three in the Modern Royals series. This time around we are following the love life of Xander, who just happens to be the future King. Not much is known about this book, except for the teasers that Aven has posted in her facebook group. We do know that his love interest is Poppy. Which if you read book 2, The Princess Pose, then you'll know who she is. I cannot wait to see how Queen Antonia reacts to this relationship! She isn't exactly fond of who Christian and Liz both chose, so this should be interesting.

Blood & Honey by Shelby Mahurin is rumored to be fall 2020. Blood & Honey is the next book in the Serpent & Dove series. All I know is that we are continuing on with Lou and Reid. Considering that I felt the book really picked up steam in the second half of Serpent & Dove, I have high hopes for Blood & Honey. I just wish I knew SOMETHING about the book. That's okay, it's often best to go into some books with little to know info. Right? Right.

Last, but certainly not least is Well Played by Jen DeLuca. This is book two in the Well Met series. I'm assuming Well Played with follow the character April, but honestly I'm not finding anything out there to confirm that. It's just my suspicion. Oh and Jen has now teased book 3 which is coming in 2021. Let me just say, if you are a fan of Renaissance Festivals or even just that time period, then chances are you'll enjoy the series. Heck I'm not a RenFest person, but I still enjoyed Well Met.

You made it to the end! Yay you! Thank you for sticking around until the end. I appreciate it. These are the books (okay next books in the series) that I am looking forward to in 2020. That is 11 books that most definitely will be on my TBR list. Are any of them going on your list? Did I miss any? If so, tell me in the comments.

Happy reading!