Monday, July 20, 2020

The Reading Rush: TBR



Today is the day! The Reading Rush is finally here!

Last year was my first time participating, and I cannot lie, I've been looking forward to another round ever since. This readathon really kicked off my reading "obsession" last July. Or rather it re-ignited my passion for reading.

Here is what I have planned for this week.

My birthday is in April, so my birthstone is a diamond. I have selected a white cover for this prompt, and the book I selected is Winning my Best Friend's Girl by Piper Rayne. This the 8th book in their Bailey family series. I'm hooked.



This prompt was relatively easy for me. Plus with the assistance of Amazon Prime Reading, I was able to read the book at no cost. I really enjoy Amazon's library type service. For this second prompt, I went with The Family Journal by Carolyn Brown. It is set in a small Texas town, and the concept is pretty interesting.




I'm spinning this prompt a little bit. Yes there is a Cinderella movie, but is the movie based upon this book? Well no. I'm still counting it though, because Cinderella. A retelling slash reimagining should work. Right? Right.



I have wanted to read Undercover Bromance since it came out earlier this year. Since I hadn't gotten to it yet, why not utilize a readathon to do so.


The fine folks over at The Reading Rush received a little flack for this prompt. Especially since we are in a world wide pandemic. So they said to just make it work how ever you can. I think I'll be sitting by the window, because if I'm outside my kids will be constant with the "hey mom" comments.  So my selection for this prompt is Bet Me by Lila Monroe.

This one was difficult for me. I tend to stick in my lane when it comes to books, and we all know that Romance is my genre of choice. That being said, I do occasionally enjoy poetry. So when I found this on Amazon Prime Reading, I went for it. So The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur will be my book of choice.




This prompt was difficult for me! I live in North America, and many of the books I read are set in the US and Canada. That being said, I do enjoy some royalty romance, and this one is set in Avonia. Where that is I have no clue as it's a fictional place. So  it counts. The Royal Treatment by Melanie Summers promises to be a good Rom Com, so count me in.