Wednesday, February 24, 2021

March TBR {Romance-opoly Edition}

 


March is right around the corner! That means SPRING is coming! I am so over snow and cold. I long for open windows, green grass, and warm sun. Not to mention being able to sit out on my patio. Come on spring, I'm ready for you. (and please hurry, I know winter is going to try and throw another snow storm at us.)

Of course the end of the month, also means it's time for my TBR game! This is my second month playing Book-opoly Romance Edition, and I'm liking it. Choosing books by trope or sub-genre is agreeing with me.

Quick recap of my Book-opoly Romance Edition rules: 
  • I start with 4 rolls which means 4 book selections.
  • If I roll a double, I have to add a roll which means an additional book.
  • If I land on "go to jail", I have to read an audio book to be released.
  • If I land on start, then I have to read one of the Amazon First Reads books that I have on my TBR. 
Fingers crossed that March does not repeat February and throw another audio book my way. I might cry if that happens. 

One last thing, when I finished my February rolls, I left off on Slow Burn. So that is where I will pick up.

Here we go!


Roll 1


My first roll was a 5! So moving 5 spaces, I landed on Enemies to Lovers. Ooh this is a favorite trope of mine. Now to decide what I am going to choose. I had a book in mind, but darn it, that was friends to lovers. Back to the drawing board I go. Okay I got it.  I know which book to read.

For enemies to lovers, I will be reading The Hold Out by Mickey Miller.



Roll 2


Eleven. I think I jinxed myself. Pardon me while I go cry. Two months in a row I have landed on Go to Jail. Sigh. Well, like last time, you'll have to wait for one of my weekly wrap ups to see what audio book I settled on.

Roll 3


For roll 3, I rolled a 3!  I get to read a cowboy romance! YAS! So many options to choose from, but I know which book I'm selecting. On March 15, Roped Tight by Kim Loraine will be published. Roped Tight is the fourth book in the Ryker Ranch series. Yes, I have it pre-ordered. Yes, I've been waiting on this book!  So yes, Roped Tight is going to be my pick to fulfill this prompt.


Roll 4



My final roll was an 8, which puts me on work place romance. I know I have a book or two that will fit this prompt.  After scrolling through all my kindle books, I've made my choice. I am going with Piece of Work by Staci Hart.


My rolls for March were mostly good. Three out of the four I am happy with. That second roll though, that hurt. I'm curious what I'll find this month. Some how I ended up staying clear of the doubles, so that made my mood reading heart happy. 

What books are you planning on reading for March? Have you read any of the three books that I selected?

Happy Reading,