Monday, May 10, 2021

King's Return {a review}


Friends, this week Xavier Neal is releasing Wiz's Remedy, which is the fourth book in the Camelot Misfits MC series. So in preparation for that new release, I have decided to read the original three books. That's right, I'm diving in to King and Imani's story.


So if you know me, you know that I love 1) a good series, and 2) suspense in a romance novel. What you might not know is that I also have a thing for the King Arthur and the Camelot story. Which is why I liked the Guinevere Deception so much. But that's for another day. What does that have to do with this MC series? Well it is a King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table based! Clearly I had to read it!

King has been away from Camelot for a long time. He was pretty much forced out years ago, and it was in his best interest not to return. That is until Wiz appears and tells him he's needed. A few days later tehre is a party at the clubhouse, and it is there that King and Imani meet. Their attraction is instant. 

Imani is so sassy in the beginning of the book. I loved her rant to King when he takes her to the clubhouse after the ordeal at her work. So many times throughout this book I found myself chuckling. Of course then there were also those occasional scenes where I gasped or said "that did not just happen!".

Something else that I really appreciated about King's Return was that Imani is an intelligent woman who has a job she adores. She is confident in who she is and what she likes. All of that held up through the story! So many times I read a book that features a strong, successful woman, and midway through all of that disappears.

I absolutely loved King's Return. I knew going in that it ended in a cliffhanger, so I was prepared for that. Thankfully King's Conquest is already available, so there's no need to wait.

Trust me when I say, you should go read the Camelot Misfits MC series!

Thank you for reading my review of King's Return,

Please scroll down a bit to read the teaser for King's Return. You'll also find links to connect with Xavier Neal, a link to add the book to your Goodreads TBR, and a link to purchase the book on Amazon. Now is the perfect time to start the series since Wiz's Remedy releases on May 13, 2021!




Chivalry isn't dead. 

It just rides a motorcycle now... 

The Misfits MC is known for maintaining the balance. 

Providing common ground. 

Protecting the innocent. 

However, when Adonis "King" Arthur is forced to return home to help rescue a fellow member's sister from a rival club, he quickly realizes the place he held in his memory as a haven is anything but....
 

*WARNING: This book ends on a CLIFFHANGER.



Goodreads: King's Return Amazon: King's Return

Meet


Xavier Neal is a best-selling romance author who enjoys hopping from sub genre to sub-genre like a game of Hopscotch she can't resist.

In between writing, she loves to read (everything from romance to self improvement books), watch movies (old and new), eat too much Tex-Mex (her Chuy's t-shirt collection is out of control), and watch AHL hockey games LIVE (preferably against the glass whenever possible). 

She currently resides happily in Texas with her bearded husband "Lumberjack”.

Where to find Xavier Neal

Website | Newsletter | Facebook | Facebook Group | Instagram | BookBub | Amazon | Goodreads | Twitter | Pinterest