Saturday, November 20, 2021

10 Bookish Stocking Stuffers

I don't know about you, but finding fun items to put in Christmas stockings can be a bit rough. Personally I'm trying to take a different approach to stockings this year. So I thought that I'd share what I would like to find in my stocking, and they are all reading related. For the most part. 


1) Longer Kindle Cord

The cord that comes with the Kindle is quite short. This one though, this is 5 feet, and perfect for when you want to read but the Kindle needs to be plugged in. Trust me, it's a thing, especially when the Kindle is used daily.

2) Extra Power Adapter

This just makes sense. If you're grabbing an extra long cord, grab a backup adapter as well. We all know adapters go missing, so toss an extra in your bookworm's stocking. (and then try your best not to "borrow" it.) 

3) Fun Socks

Now hear me out, the majority of the year I despise socks. I do. But in the winter time, and early spring, they are just needed. So bookish socks are a good thing to have on hand. My father-in-law gifted me a 3 pack of bookish ankle socks, and they are my go to socks

4) Stickers

Does this surprise you? Honestly I think everyone of any age can enjoy stickers! From kids to teens to adults, they are just fun. They are perfect to decorate water bottles, planners, notebooks, laptop covers, and the list goes on.  So trust me, stickers make a great stocking stuffer.

5) Bookmarks

These word wire bookmarks from Charlie and Crew are one of my favorites! Seeing as how I have that one from Charlie and Crew with my name, I also have my eye on this one:
I LOVE the Lord of the Rings movies, and my goal is to read the books. So why not branch into the books, and have a perfectly themed bookmark to go with it.

6) A Book Light

Any reader would appreciate a book light! This one just so happens to clip onto the book itself, and it is SO bright! When ever I am reading a physical book before bed (vs my kindle), I always have my book light going.

7) Pens and Markers

My favorite pen happens to be the Pilot Acroball (fine), and I use them all the time. These are the pens that I try to hide from my family members, because otherwise I will have NO pens. Trust me on that. As for Markers, I have my eyes on the Midliners from Zebra. As well as the Tombow Dual Brush Markers.

8) Favorite Tea, Cocoa, Coffee

This one seems pretty straight forward. If it were my stocking, it would include my favorite caramel cappuccino k-cups, cafe mocha k-cups, or some hot chocolate single serve packets. I'm not a tea drinker, but the other two would have me pumped. If you don't know their preferred beverage, a small gift card to Starbucks, Dunkin, or Caribou would be a great addition.

9) Page Flags

I'm not someone who annotates books, but I know there are plenty of readers out there who are! So to make it easier on them, toss in some page flags!

10) Gift Cards

My last suggestion is for a gift card to their preferred bookstore, or to their favorite author's merch shop! That way they can pick out that item they've had their eye on. My preferred bookstore is Amazon, because that is where most of the indie romance authors sell their books. I also peek at their merch shops from time to time to see if there is anything specific I want to grab. Right now there isn't, but I know that will change!

So there you have it, 10 stocking stuffers that I think any reader would like to have. Of course feel free to add in their favorite gums, lip balms, little lotions, etc to add to the fun.

What would you add for a bookish stocking stuffer?
Laura


What Laura's Reading participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, and as an Amazon Associate I earn a commission through purchases made using my links