Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Broken Boys Break Hearts by JB Heller {a review}


Broken Boys Break Hearts is a new adult, second-chance, contemporary romance about learning to love and trust against all odds. It is a complete story and can be read as a standalone or enjoyed as book 1 in the Moments series. One-Click now to embark on an emotional journey of two opposites trying to navigate their way back to each other after years apart.

"How do you stop seeing yourself a certain way when it's all you've ever known?"

Huxley Haynes is doing his best to survive. His goal is to graduate high school early, and get out of Shiloh Springs. All his life he has been told that he ruins everything, that he's not wanted, and that it's all his fault. How can Hux not believe that when it's what is said to him on a regular basis? Thankfully he has his job, as well as photography, to keep him occupied until he can leave.

Enter Eliza Quinn. Eliza is part of the popular crowd. She's well know, and liked by everyone. She has a heart of gold. One other thing to note is that Eliza has always noticed Huxley. Even when he thought he was invisible, she saw him. She was intrigued. So when the moment presented itself for her to get to know him, she jumped in with both feet. And what she discovered was a man who thought so little of himself, but continually proved how amazing he is.

What happens next is a whirlwind romance that left both of them broken hearted. But when we jump forward 5 years, our couple is finally able to reconnect. But can they move past the pain of the past, and move forward together?

"Oh, trust me, I know I would end up hurting. But hurt and I go way back. I can handle it."

The way their reunion happened was so good. When an exhibit for Hadley was booked at the family hotel, Eliza thought nothing of it. Then when Hux found out where his exhibit was being held? He was worried. He had a feeling he'd run into her, and while that was everything he wanted, he wasn't ready. 

One last thing...this book does have a content/trigger warning for abuse (mental, emotional, physical). So if that is something you cannot read about, then don't grab this book. But to be fair, the abuse storyline is just a tidbit of the overall story.

Thank you for taking time to read my thoughts on Broken Boys Break Hearts. I hope that you'll consider picking this one up!
Laura

Cover Design by Tall Story Designs
Photographer: Michelle Lancaster
Model: Lochie Carey

She wasn’t meant for someone like me. But I took her anyway…


Eliza Quinn signified everything I didn’t deserve.
I never should have talked to her, touched her, kissed her.

She made me want things I couldn’t have.
But I fell for her so hard and so fast.
Even though I knew we were destined for disaster.

Staying with her was never an option.
I was leaving Shiloh Springs, and not even she could stop me.

Five years later, I think I've moved on.
Then my manager books my next photography exhibition at the most luxurious hotel in New York City.
The Quinn Plaza, Eliza’s family’s hotel.

The second our eyes lock, I know two things.
1- I need her back.
2- She hates me…

Broken Boys Break Hearts was previously released under the title Time-Lapse.



Read for Free with KU
Add to your Goodreads TBR!



Meet JB Heller


JB Heller is an average Aussie housewife and Mumma in her early 30's. She lives on a mini farm with her family and a few cows, sheep, a parrot, cats, fish, dogs, and a butt load of chickens. It's JB's dream to one day add a llama to the mix and an alpaca or two.

She writes across several genre's including RomCom, Romantic Suspense and Contemporary. You can always expect a healthy dose of heat, intrigue and wit in her stories.

Monday to Friday you can find JB glued to her laptop weaving words or trolling Pinterest for her next potential muse. Come the weekend, it's family time. (And of course lots of reading and Netflix binges.)

Want to know more about JB? Check her out, you’ll be guaranteed a good laugh if nothing else.



Thank you to J.B. Heller, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with a review copy of Broken Boys Break Hearts.