Monday, November 21, 2022

December Anticipated Reads



“In the winter she curls up around a good book and dreams away the cold.”
–Ben Aaronovitch


The last month of the year is almost upon us! Can you believe that? I'm a little shocked. It feels as though I was just returning to my blog, catching up on things, and getting used to my kids being in school again. Then I blinked, and here we are. 

December brings a lot of fun happenings for my family, as well as Christmas and New Years Eve. I'm looking forward to it all.

What I'm also looking forward to are these new releases! I have 16 books on my anticipated reads list, and my goal is to read them all. You'll have to wait for my monthly wrap up (to be posted in January) to see what I actually read. Don't want to wait? Follow me on Goodreads!

Let's jump into the books.


1- Wanting You Always by Lizzie Morton

Series: The Always Series
Tropes: Rockstar, Friends to Lovers
Add to Goodreads
I first fell for Lizzie's storytelling when I read her Fool Me series. That series had me on the edge of my seat, and I knew that I would read all of her upcoming releases. I don't know much about Wanting You Always other than it is a rockstar romance, and it's two best friends falling for each other. This will be a perfect start to the month!

2- One Little Favor by Julia Connors

Series: Frozen Hearts
Tropes: Workplace, Holiday, Fake Relationship, Forced Proximity
Add to Goodreads
One Little Favor is a novella that features characters that we have met in Julia's previous sports romances. I cannot wait to read this holiday romance!

2- The Cabin at Candy Cane Lane by Laramie Briscoe

Series: Blizzard Bluff
Tropes: Returning to Hometown, Friends-to-lovers, Small Town, Forced Proximity
Add to Goodreads
The description for this book has me feeling the Hallmark/Lifetime movie vibes, and I am here for it! Cannot wait to discover what Blizzard Bluff has to offer.

6- Sneaking Around with the Player by Rebecca Jenshak

Series: Holiday with the Players
Tropes: Forbidden Love, Close Proximity, Sports Romance, Holiday, Mistaken Identity
Add to Goodreads
I love the stories and characters that Rebecca Jenshak creates. So a holiday novella during the holiday season? YES PLEASE!

13- A Greene Family Christmas by Piper Rayne

Series: Greene Family
Tropes: Blended Families, Smalltown, Holiday
Add to Goodreads
I LOVE the Greene family, so it's no surprise this book is on my anticipated reads list. Now I am a bit worried, as I've heard this book jumps forward about 10 years. My immediate thought (and worries) go to the Grandma trio. Time will tell, and I know those wild ladies cannot be around forever.

15- Reined In by Kim Loraine
Series: Ryker Ranch
Tropes: Small Town
Add to Goodreads
The Ryker family is how I discovered Kim Loraine's storytelling. So when I heard that another book was coming in the series, I immediately added it to my list. What is this book about? No clue! What are the tropes? Other than small town I know nothing. But you know what? That's okay! It's Kim's storytelling with a setting I adore, so I'm all in.

15- Filthy Jealous Heir (Part 1) by Caitlyn Dare
Series: Heirs of All Hallows
Tropes: Dark Academy/Prep School, Bully, Enemies to Lovers, Sports, Secret Society
Add to Goodreads
I've read a few Caitlyn Dare books in the last two years, and their storytelling lures me in. So when I heard rumors of a new series, I knew I wanted to read it. One thing I do know about Filthy Jealous Heir is that it ends with a cliffhanger. Do I know anything else? No. Am I okay with that? Absolutely!

16- The Goalie Who Stole Christmas by Cali Melle

Series: Wyncote Wolves
Tropes: Sports, Friends to Lovers, Forced Proximity, One Bed, Fake Relationship, Holiday
Add to Goodreads
AHHH it's another Wyncote Wolves story! Now I can't lie, I'm a bit nervous about this one. ONLY because of the blurb. It is sounding like this book will be an emotional read set at Christmas, so I will need to have the tissues close by.

20- Striker by Anna Hackett

Series: Sentinel Security
Tropes: Suspense
Add to Goodreads
You may notice that I have no preorder info for this book, and also no goodreads link. There's a reason for that! This book is pure speculation. Anna Hackett has it on her website for a December 20th release, but that's the only place it's listed. I loved the first two books in the Sentinel Security series, and I am positive I'll fall hard for this one too. I wonder what tropes will be covered?

22- Illegal Contact by Emily Silver

Series: Denver Mountain Lions
Tropes: Reverse Age Gap, Forbidden, Sports
Add to Goodreads
Hello Denver Mountain Lions! It's time for Knox's story and I am so ready to see how all of this plays out. I'm also curious as to what the age gap is going to be, and why it's considered a forbidden romance. I need more info. (or you know the book itself so I can read it now!)

22- Silent Knight by Xavier Neal

Series: Compassion
Tropes: Novella, Holiday
Add to Goodreads
I read Compassion last week, and fell for the characters. So when I heard that Xavier Neal was coming out with a holiday novella I knew I would be reading it. You know me, anything to spend more time with characters I enjoy.

26- Christmas at Candy Cane Lane by Laramie Briscoe

Series: Blizzard Bluff
Tropes: Friends to Lovers, Small Town
Add to Goodreads
Two Blizzard Bluff books in December? HECK YA! I'm also all about that friends to lovers trope. As I post this anticipated reads list I do not have preorder info. I know it will be coming though. So as you wait, add it on your Goodreads. (or your google calendar if you're anything like me.)

27- Made for Me by Natasha Madison

Series: Made For
Tropes: Hockey Romance, Friends to Lovers
Add to Goodreads
It's a new hockey romance series from Natasha Madison!!! This first book features Chase, and that means A LOT of familiar faces are going to appear. This is the fourth hockey series, and I am hooked. Cannot wait to finish 2022 with this one! (then I'll be whining about having to wait for the next installment.)

27- You Had Your Chance, Lee Burrows by Piper Rayne

Series: Kingsmen Football Stars
Tropes: Football Romance, Second Chance, Enemies to Lovers, Forced Proximity, Workplace
Add to Goodreads
First things first, I LOVE sports romance. So naturally this gets added to my list. But then I went and read the prequel, False Start, and got to briefly meet Lee and Shayna. Now that I know their backstory, I need their current story. 

29- The Big Game by Emily Silver

Series: Denver Mountain Lions
Tropes: Novella, Sports
Add to Goodreads
My gut tells me, based on the title alone, that our Denver Mountain Lions are headed to the Super Bowl. I cannot wait to see if I'm right. Plus I am also hoping that we'll get to catch up with our former couples. 

31- The Sky At Night by Samantha Lovelock

Series:
Tropes: Enemies to Lovers, Rockstar
Add to Goodreads
Listen, it's a book by Samantha Lovelock, so it automatically goes on any list. I love Sam's writing, her characters, and just everything about her books. This one has been in the works for a bit now, but it's coming, and I'm excited. Yes I have it preordered. Yes I will be purchasing the paperback as soon as it's available. I can't not own physical copies of Sam's books. 


There you have it, my anticipated reads list for December 2022! Are any of these books on your list? What is on your list? Anything I should add? 

May your December be filled with memorable moments, time spent with those you hold dear, and as many fabulous books as you can fit into your schedule.

Happy Reading,
Laura




Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!