Monday, March 27, 2023

What I Read Last Week

Happy Monday! The last week of March is upon us, and I'm in denial. Let's not focus on that though. Instead let's take a look at the books I read last week!

Last week I devoured 5 books, and all of them were solid 4 star reads. I was quite happy with every single book, and had few complaints. I read a few sports romances, a billionaire romance, and a police romance. Trope wise there was single mom, workplace, age gap, forbidden, brother's best friend, single bed, second chance, and suspense. Oh how I loved all of it. Full disclosure: All five of the books I read this week were advanced copies from authors and pr companies. That doesn't affect my rating, or opinion, on the books though. I would be all in regardless.

Did you have a favorite book this last week? Was there one that stood out above the rest? For me, I think it was Hello Billionaire.

Happy Reading,
Laura



Groundball by Lisa Suzanne

This fourth book in the Vegas Heat series had my jaw dropping. We pick up after that major cliffhanger, and things are still up in the air. There were so many little things that happened in Groundball that I can't talk about, but desperately want to. Plus what happened toward the end? Not to mention what happened at the end? DAMN! Can I have Hardball now please? PLEASE! I am so not ready for Cooper and Gabby's story to be over, but at the same time I need to know what happens. (also, Lisa Suzanne mentioned in her facebook group that she's setting up dates for season two!)


Coast to Coast by Cali Melle

I LOVE the Wyncote Wolves. While college hockey isn't my preferred, there is just something about these characters that draws me in. So I can only assume it is Cali's storytelling. Coast to Coast was a book I was excited about. We had met both characters previously, and I just knew they would be amazing together. I wasn't disappointed in their connection at all. I fully enjoyed every moment of their time together, and their relationship bloomed wonderfully. The only things I had issues with was that the story seemed rushed. Also we didn't get to fully know Simon. He had alluded to things in his past, but we didn't find out what that was. No matter what though I enjoyed the story, and am looking forward to the next. (It's Vaughn's story!)


Hello Billionaire by Kelsie Hoss



Hello Billionaire was my introduction to Kelsie Hoss, and let me tell you I will return! This single mom, workplace romance had everything I liked. I mean from the very beginning when Farrah door dings the Tesla next to her, I was all in. Because of course, OF COURSE, it had to belong to Gage. The attraction was obvious, the flirting began slowly, the passion (once we got there) was intense. I absolutely loved this story. My favorite part though was that Farrah wasn't willing to settle. She knew what she wanted in the relationship, laid it all out there, and wasn't backing down. Now of course the conversations, and scenes, with Farrah's ex-husband were difficult to read. I did not like it when he appeared, and it put a damper on the mood. That being said, it's also real life being mixed in. So it is showing that aspect, which I can appreciate. I'm ready for the next story. I'm invested, and I need to see these now familiar faces find their happily ever afters.


Never Too Late by Rue Lennox


Rue Lennox did it again. She wrote a story where I fell for the characters, was invested in their journey towards a happily ever after, and was captivated by the suspense. OH THE SUSPENSE! My only complaint was that the book felt rushed. I wanted to spend more time with the couple, and I felt there was more opportunity for drama (from the woman Jake had been seeing), and for the suspense to be more grand. Not sure if I'm putting that into words correctly. I guess you could say I was left wanting more.


Over My Brother's Dead Body, Chase Andrews by Piper Rayne


Piper Rayne has had this story building for a while now. Ever since Twyla was introduced to the Kingsmen world, I knew that her story would be one of my favorites. OMBDBCA could have easily been read in one sitting. That being said I tried to slow it down, and did make it stretch over the course of two days. I loved the connection that Chase and Twyla had. I loved how their relationship built. The steam was so good. The grand gesture was perfection! The build up for the story featuring Miles was also quite epic. I have high hopes for his and Bryce's story. I'm going to miss the Kingsmen, but am ready to get to know the Chicago Grizzlies.






Thank you to all the authors listed above for providing me with advanced copies of their books.

Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!