Wednesday, May 10, 2023

What I Read Last Week


Happy Monday, wait no I mean, Wednesday. HAPPY WEDNESDAY! Somehow the week got away from me, and I'm sharing what I read last week a couple days late. I prefer for these posts to go up on Mondays, but life happens.

The week of May 1 through 7 I read FOUR books. One was even a physical copy! I know, it's not very Laura like. Of the four books I read, 2 were ARCs and one was from Prime Reading. All were technically romances, but the one was really more fantasy than romance. Which I expected. It still had a romance storyline going though.

So what did I read? I'd love to tell you. Although if you're following me on Goodreads, you already have the answers. 

The Stopover by TL Swan

This was my Prime Reading book. That's right, I borrowed it from Amazon. Read the story, loved the story, and want to continue with the series. There is something about these Kane brothers that has my attention. I've heard the hype surrounding The Miles High Club series by TL Swan, and it was time for me to check things out.

The meet-cute for Jameson and Emily was fantastic. Add in their one night together, and I was instantly hooked. I wasn't expecting the time jump, but it made sense. I loved that Emily stuck with her plans to work for Miles Media, and that it all worked out for her. Who knew that was when she would reconnect with the mystery man from a year ago. The storyline that was happening outside of the relationship had my curiosity immediately. I was trying to solve the case on my own, and failed. But that's okay because I loved all of the action. There were a few scenes that caught me off guard, and I enjoyed that. As for the relationship between our main couple, I liked them together. They just worked. Now there were times that Jameson made me angry, but that gruff persona is what he's known for. Emily wasn't perfect either, but that's what made them work. Loved the story, and will definitely be continuing on with the series.

Rating: 4 Stars


Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros

I LOVED this book. I wrote an entire post about it. I cannot wait for the second book, Iron Flame, to be released! Dragons + a romance + action = PERFECTION.

Rating: 5 Stars



The Sneak Peak by Victoria Wilder

The Sneak Peak was my introduction to Victoria Wilder, and OH MY WORD, I will be back for more. I am 100% a fan of the Riggs family. Michael and Grace were fantastic. Loved the kids. Loved the friends and family. The antagonist was enjoyable, even if they did make me want to scream. The Sneak Peak really showed the connection that these two had, and how they were always meant to be. Life may have put them on different parallel paths for a bit, but once that shifted all bets were off. It was a collision of epic proportion. The romance was so good. The spice was intense, but oh so good. This book was full of emotional moments, and I was rooting for these two the entire time. Also that scene at the tree lighting ceremony? YES! LOVED IT. Full circle moment.

Rating: 4.5 Stars


On the Line by Julia Connors

I was so excited to see there was another book in the Frozen Hearts series! Julia Connors has created these characters that I've fallen for, and I love getting to catch up with them. On the Line is Lauren's story. If you've read the other books in the series you might be confused about that. Especially since she and Josh just had twins not long ago. Well, Lauren is a widow now. I wasn't sure how Julia was going to write in his death, but I knew it would have something to do with his passion. I was not expecting the secrets that were being kept though! That took me by surprise.

Jameson Flynn just might be my favorite hero out of the series. I love how protective, caring, and supportive he is. Honestly he is the perfect person to be by Lauren's side while she grieves. Lauren impressed me throughout this book. Yes she was grieving the loss of her husband, but at the same time she was making necessary changes in her life. She was growing. She was determined to come out of this stronger than ever.

Absolutely loved the relationship between these two. The friendships that were formed made me smile. Jameson's sisters are AMAZING. Oh, and that moment of conflict? WOW! Could not put this book down, and I look forward to the future stories Julia writes.

Rating: 4.5 Stars


So those are the four books I read last week. It was a nice variety of tropes, of characters, of authors. I'm really happy with it all. Each book was enjoyable, had memorable moment, and the authors have written fabulous stories.

Tell me about the books you read last week? Or just your favorite of the year so far.

Have a good rest of your week.
Laura

Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!