Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Baseball Romance Series

 


Today is the day friends. If you are a baseball fan, then you know that today is when pitchers and catchers report to spring training!

I grew up attending baseball games, and truly love the sport. In all honesty, it is the sport that I understand the most. Heck I lettered in baseball when I was in high school! Oh does that have you confused? It should. Allow me to explain a bit. I was the scorekeeper for the varsity team. Yep, I was the one with the book and pencil in hand, keeping track of the stats. It was so much fun. Now that it's many, many years later, do I remember how to do it? Not off the top of my head, but I'm sure I could pick it up again with little issue.

So yes, my love of baseball is strong.

And yes, I do love a good baseball romance book. Or rather in my case, series.

Today I want to share my four favorite baseball series. 

DC Soaring Eagles

by Aven Ellis

It is no secret that I love the characters Aven Ellis creates. Her books are some of my favorites, and I am always giddy when she has a new release. The DC Soaring Eagles are no exception. These books are sweet. They are swoon worthy. They are feel good books with heroines that are relatable. Plus it's a rom-com, so you really cannot go wrong. Oh and there is Barbara and Dominick. Love that couple. If you're wondering about the steam factor, it's low. All of Aven's books are fade to black (closed door). So yes we get the build up, and then we move on. 

The Perfect Score

by Samantha Christy

This trilogy was my introduction to Samantha Christy, and oooh, I want more. Please. From the characters to the storyline, I loved it all. I will say this series brings out the emotions a bit. So yes, there were times that I cried, especially in Stealing Sawyer. I wouldn't change a thing though. As for the steam, oh it's there and I loved it. I cannot recommend this series enough. 

Tavonesi

by Pamela Aares

I began reading this series in March of 2020, and I was hooked. Now here's the thing, this series starts out as baseball romance, but it changes about halfway through to more of a billionaire type romance series. I'm not complaining, but it did catch me off guard. Especially since I initially picked it up for the baseball aspect. Still it is an amazing series.  A few of the books I would classify as romantic suspense:  Love Bats Last, The Heart of the Game, No Stranger to Love, and Until Love Finds You. I devoured the first ten books in the series. Whether they featured baseball or not, it did not matter. I will say that I skipped the last book, as it just didn't appeal to me. 

Bromance Book Club

by Lyssa Kay Adams

I think most people have heard of the Bromance Bookclub Series! I mean the first book was all the rage in late 2019, early 2020. I mean, what's not to love. It's men reading romance novels to try and improve their relationships! Personally, I loved the first book. Without looking at Goodreads, I'm pretty positive that I gave it 4 stars. Time for some full disclosure: I haven't read Undercover Bromance or Crazy Stupid Bromance yet. BUT I do have them requested at my library. So as soon as they come in, I will be reading them. So yes, I am recommending this entire series based off only having read one of the books. Sorry, not sorry. I just have faith that I'll enjoy the others.

Of course I cannot mention baseball romance books without mentioning Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey. While the entire Hot and Hammered series does not deal with baseball, this first book does. So naturally I had to add it. Let me tell you Georgie and Travis's story brings the STEAM. Oh my. If baseball and fake dating are your jam, and you don't mind a lot of steam, pick up this book!

So there you have it, my four series recommendations plus one more book. Have you read any of the series I mentioned? I've been doing some "research" (aka googling), and who knew there were so many baseball romance books out there! I've definitely added a few to my list. That being said, do you have any baseball romance books to recommend?  I'm all ears.

Happy Reading, and Go Twins!