Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Let's Talk Romance {a Romance Book Tag}



The other day I was watching a tag video that Heather from Bookables had posted. It's all about the romance genre, and since it's my favorite type of book to read I figured why not join in. 

First romance you remember reading

Montana Sky by Nora Roberts

Last romance you read

Balls to the Wall by April Canavan

Romance you are most like to recommend to a newbie

Modern Royals series by Aven Ellis

Romance you are most likely to recommend to another romance reader

All the Kings Men duet by Kennedy Ryan

An underrated romance you wish more people would read

Bloodmark Saga by Aurora Whittet

I binged this series, and absolutely loved it.

An overrated romance you wish people would stop talking about

Oh, well, let's do this then.

Beach Read by Emily Henry

No I haven't read it, but I have heard it's not really a romance, so yeah.

An auto-buy author

Because I cannot just pick one:
Aven Ellis
Natasha Madison
Helena Hunting
Kennedy Ryan

An author you use to love that you've since abandoned

Nicholas Sparks
I used to read EVERY book he would release. There are still some that I love to this day, but I won't pick up any more of his books. Heck the last book I read of his (Two by Two) was so bad I almost DNF'd it.

Favorite trope

Friends to lovers, enemies to lovers, and second chance.

Best book with your favorite trope

Well now that's a bit subjective. Let's go with my most recent read which was Balls to the Wall by April Canavan. Parker and Remy used to be friends, after some words spoken by Remy they are now enemies, and it could very well be a second chance for them. So there you go.

A book you didn't like even though it has your favorite trope

Boyfriend Material by Alexis Hall

It is enemies to lovers, and I DNF'd it.

Most hated trope

Maybe forced proximity

A book you liked even though it has the trope you hate

About a Boy by Stephanie Kay

Your problematic favorite

I honestly have no clue. And yes, I had to look up what this meant as I've never heard the term before.

A book everyone else loved that has you scratching your head

Spoiler Alert by Olivia Dade

Now to be fair, it wasn't horrible, but it also wasn't this awesome book that so many people are making it out to be. 

Your favorite romancelandia person to follow on twitter

I don't really do twitter, so I'll skip this question.

A place or person you go for recommendations or reviews

Steph's Romance Book Talk, Bookables, Chelsea Palmer, In Love & Words, and Peace Love Books all on Youtube.

A book that has a character that reminds you of yourself

On Thin Ice by Aven Ellis

Holly Johannsen is me in fictional form. A bit of social anxiety, loves planners and books, and is from Minnesota. 

Romance cover you love

Is this where I admit I don't like the majority of romance book covers? That being said, many of Nora Roberts covers tend to draw me in. Especially the Cousin O'Dwyer trilogy and The Guardians trilogy covers..\


A book you've reread more than twice

I don't typically re-read unless it is pictures books with my kids.

Best romance audiobook

I don't listen to audio books.

Best romance or rom-com movie

You've Got Mail

Favorite heroine

I'm torn between Tenley from Clipped Wings and Lennix from All the King's Men duet.

Favorite hero

I don't have one.

Your all time favorite romance

HAHAHAAHA
That's cute.
You expect me to choose one.

    • All the King's Men duet by Kennedy Ryan
    • Modern Royals by Aven Ellis
    • Bloodmark Saga by Aurora Whittet
    • The Edge of Happiness by Kristen Turnage
    • Sign of Seven trilogy by Nora Roberts
    • The Guardian trilogy by Nora Roberts
    • Folkestone Sins by Samantha Lovelock 

That was a lot more difficult than I was expecting! It was still enjoyable to complete though. 

Have you read any of the books I mentioned? Who are your auto-buy authors?

Happy Reading,