Friday, March 26, 2021

Meant for More {a review}


Hi Book Friends!

So, I read another sports romance. I know, I know, but I can't help myself. My name is Laura, and I have a slight obsession with sports romance. Hey, it's best to just admit it, right? Right!

Meant for More is the brand new release from Liza James. It is a new adult romance that is set at Burnhardt University. Liz, Bloom, and Carter have been friends for over a decade now. The trio are often together. Carter and Bloom have a strong bond due to things that happened in Blooms younger years. Carter was always the person who was there for her. That being said, now that they are in college, things are changing. This friendship the trio have is changing. Suddenly where there was just friendship, now there's a feeling of "I want more".

Bloom is the girl that most people don't pay much attention to. She'd have you believe they don't notice her, She loves pottery, and is often found working on it. (and her clothes show it)

Liz is the girl that everyone pays attention to. She is the vice president for the sorority that she is in with Bloom, and is just a confident, out-going person.

Carter is the captain for the football team, and is a well known ladies man. He is headed for the NFL draft, well that is if he can get his grades up.

Liz is trying her best to fix Bloom up with Benj. He is also on the football team, and is friends with Carter. Liz also, for some unknown reason, shared a little tidbit about Bloom with Benj.

Now I will say knowing what Liz told Benj, who then told Carter, I question their motives for wanting a relationship with Bloom. Was it because they were truly attracted to her, or was it more of a competition to see who could succeed first. I'll be honest, I'm still not certain about Benj's motives. Carter, well as the story went on I felt more confident with him. Especially with the history that he and Bloom share.

In Meant for More there are a couple hard topics discussed (addiction and suicide), so just know that going in should you choose to read the book. The scenes with Bloom's Dad had me feeling all the emotions. I fully admit that I cried. My heart was breaking for a fictional character.

Now that the book is over, I am hoping that Liz gets a book of her own, as I am curious about her story. Oh and I'm definitely going to need to go check out Liza James's backlist.

Have you read anything by Liza James? No matter what, I highly suggest reading Meant for More!

Happy Reading,



Thank you to Liza James and Wildfire Marketing for providing me with an advanced reader copy in exchange for a review. The book was fabulous!

From Wildfire Marketing ⬇️



Release Date: March 26

Bloom

Maybe in another life, we would have been more than this. 

 

More than just friends. Best friends, really.

 

Instead, I watch you with your arms around another. Your sweet words and that usual charm directed towards someone else. 

 

It’s okay—I was never meant to be yours to begin with. 

 

Carter 

Countless memories and lingering moments have shifted into a startling perspective. 

 

I’ve spent my years chasing my dreams, my ideal girls, my career in football. 

 

But then it happened, over the course of one night, my entire vision centered around someone I didn’t anticipate.

 

A girl who has been here all along.


Order Your Copy Here!

Add to your Goodreads TBR List!



 



Meet Liza James


I remember writing my first book when I was just a kid. It was a short children's story that my mom loved so much, she took the time to get our friend to illustrate all of the pages. 

I had decided back then, that when I grew up I was going to be an author. Funny how we grow up and things change so drastically, right? As I got older, I began the age old search of trying to figure out exactly what I wanted in life. 

I got married at 18, moved across the world with my husband and spent the next several years trying so many different things in order to find my fit. I fell in love with so many things as well, including photography, calligraphy, music, and letterpress. 

But writing and reading have always remained a constant love of mine. Oddly enough, it was the only thing I never spoke about. I kept it very private, starting several different stories and ultimately not finishing them. I never spoke about what I was writing with anyone, or very very few people once in a while. I didn’t even share what I wrote with my family or my husband.

This year, a lot of things changed. I found myself coming to a place in my life as a mom, a wife, a friend, but still not as MYSELF. I continued struggling with my own identity, struggling with who I was outside of being a wife and mother. So, I made it a goal to write and finish my first novel in 2019. I decided to CHOOSE my path and create it for myself, choose my identity and allow my passion for writing to come at the forefront of that. 

I am a mother. I am a wife. I am a friend and a lover of many many things. But I am also a writer, I’m an author, and loving every moment of embracing myself in all of those things.

So, here I am today, writing this blurb about my “story” and laughing to myself just a bit. Because this is just the beginning of what my story was and is going to be, and I’m ready to embrace whatever this new adventure has for me.

Connect with Liza James



Hosted By: