Monday, April 5, 2021

Royally Pucked {a review}


I finished off the month of March by reading Royally Pucked by Pippa Grant. Royally Pucked is the second book in her Copper Valley Thrusters series. This is a sports rom-com, and Royally Pucked features a Prince who has been banished to America where he falls for the person he shouldn't.


Now I can't lie, I was hesitant about picking up this book. Especially since The Pilot and the Puck Up was not my favorite. I struggled with Joey and Zeus's book. But while reading that one, I was intrigued by Manning. There was something about him that had me knowing I would read his story. Plus knowing this has the accidental pregnancy trope, that helped seal the deal.


And you know what, I enjoyed Royally Pucked. I was actually a bit bummed when it ended.

Did it have me laughing out loud? Well no, but I did chuckle a few times.

Plus I was so invested in the storyline with Elin. Seriously, that was interesting. I still have a couple questions regarding that. I'd also really like to know what was going on with that monkey!

Also, Gracie's side hustle that she's running out of her bakery? LOVE IT! Now THAT had me laughing a bit.

All in all, this was a cute story. I ended up giving it 4 stars on Goodreads, and I have decided to continue with the series. After all it is looking like Ares might be getting his story told next. So I can't call it quits! I HAVE to read Ares's story! I have to. That man has my curiosity piqued.

Have you read any of the Copper Valley Thrusters books? If so, which was your favorite? Did you know that there is a 5th book releasing this month? It's called I Pucking Love You. Have you read any books by Pippa Grant? I think her Stud in the Stacks book my have been my favorite that I've read so far.

Happy Reading,


Keep scrolling to read the teaser for Royally Pucked. I've also included the link to add it to your Goodreads, as well a link if you want to grab it on Amazon. If you're a Kindle Unlimited subscriber, it's FREE for you!








A hockey-playing prince, a most improper lady, and one accidental pregnancy...

When you're an heir so spare that getting attacked by a shark is more likely than you ever wearing the crown, you're allowed certain liberties. Yet still, those liberties can bite you in the ass.

Good thing I'm such a charming devil.

Even then, I've been banished to America for a year under the pretense of playing professional hockey while my father cleans up my latest mess. But trouble follows me wherever I go.  Generally trouble of the beautiful female variety, and Gracie Diamonte is no exception. Or possibly, she's the best exception.

Until the dinosaur suit. The cookie incident. And the accidental pregnancy.

Of course I'll do the right thing.

Just as soon as I solve that pesky problem of my royal betrothal.

I'm about to be the biggest scandal to rock my country and there's a good chance my father may throw me to the sharks after all. The funny thing is I've heard that raising children may not be so different from swimming with the sharks. So no matter how you look at things I am Royally Pucked.

Royally Pucked is a hilariously wrong romance between a spare heir and the lady least likely to ever wear a princess crown, complete with dirty cookies, an emotional support monkey, and lots of pucking around. This romantic comedy stands alone with no cheating, cliffhangers, and ends happily with a family of...more than two.


Add to Goodreads: Royally Pucked