Monday, April 5, 2021

Weekly Wrap Up

 


Hoping you all had a wonderful weekend. Here in Minnesota it was GORGEOUS outside. I was out pretty much all day yesterday.  It was perfection. I will welcome these temps with open arms. Yet in the back of my head I'm not foolish enough to believe winter won't try to make a small comeback.

Last week was a busy week of reading, and reviewing. Really though I can't complain. Reading is my hobby, and I am passionate about it. Writing reviews, and this blog, well that's just for fun.

Let's talk stats for last week.

  • Books Read: 5
  • Kindle Books: 5
  • ARCs: 3
  • Pages Read: 1,869
My average rating was 4 stars. Not too shabby.

My favorite book of the week was Southern Heart by Natasha Madison. My review for that will be posted tomorrow. Seriously, so good. Then again I think I say that about every Natasha Madison book I read. (and I'm perfectly okay with that. There's a reason she's one of my favorites.)

With all that being said, let's move onto the books!

(if I've already posted the review, it is linked in the book title.)



1) Brightly Burning Bridges

by Ivy Wild

Rating: 4 Stars


Oh this book! Brightly Burning Bridges was SO GOOD! It was frustrating at times, which had me wanting to throw my kindle. But this story line, it sucked me in and held me hostage until the very last page. I LOVED EVERY MOMENT OF IT!

2) Royally Pucked

by Pippa Grant

Rating: 4 Stars


Royally Pucked is the second book in Pippa Grant's Copper Valley Thrusters hockey series.  This book brought together two of my favorites: Royal romance and hockey romance. And Royally Pucked did not disappoint. I loved seeing Manning and Gracie together. Then add in Loki, and it was just so good.


3) Southern Heart

by Natasha Madison

Rating: 5 Stars


Do I really need to say much about Southern Heart? I mean, if you've read the Southern series by Natasha Madison, then you know what you're going to get. But I suppose not everyone has read the first four books, so there is that. If you like romance with a little suspense, then ooh you'll like this one. I mean the suspense starts pretty much right away. Chelsea has just returned to town to start a new job, and has decided to watch her niece and nephew for the night. A storm rolls through, and it sounds like someone is hitting the door. Chelsea eventually opens the door, and a man (who has been beaten to a pulp) falls inside. Chelsea doesn't recognize him, she just sees the injuries. Before the man passes out, he says "Ethan". (Ethan is Chelsea's brother)

And that's all I'm going to say. Just trust me on this. You'll want to read it.


4) Ruthless Monarch

by Ava Harrison

Rating: 4 Stars


Calling all mafia romance fans! Ava Harrison has a new one for you to read. I was torn with Ruthless Monarch. On one hand I enjoyed the story. The concept was fabulous. On the other hand, I think it could have been executed a little better. 

5) Beauty and the Beefcake

by Pippa Grant

Rating: 3 Stars


I was so excited for Beauty and the Beefcake! No, not because of the title as I'm not a fan of it. I was excited because it was Ares's story. I had such high hopes. Especially since I was coming off of Royally Pucked. Beauty and the Beefcake though was underwhelming. Well until about the last 25% of the book. It was that last quarter that I was saying YES, THIS IS WHAT I WAS WAITING FOR. It was just a little too much slow burn and filler for my liking. 


So those are the five books I read last week. The majority I was happy with. I will say now I'm bummed because I have to wait until June 1st to read Southern Heat. That teaser at the end of Southern Heart had me going.

What are some of your recent reads? Any that you highly recommend?


Happy Reading,