Friday, April 23, 2021

Salvation {a review}


Back in March I had read Recovery by Nicole Dykes. This was my introduction to her writing style, and I was immediately drawn into the world. I loved all the characters, and the friendship they had. In my review, on Goodreads, that I posted that "I'm hoping there is a book coming for Charity". Well friends, guess what. THERE IS!

Salvation is all about Charity! (okay, it's about Finn too.) 

If you read Recovery, then you know that at the end of that story Charity called Mya from a hospital. Seeing as how Mya no longer lived in that state, she called Finn and asked that he go find her. Nevermind the fact that Mya had no clue what hospital Charity was in! Talk about a wild goose chase. Obviously Finn locates Charity and is there to help. Except Charity doesn't want his help.

In Salvation we find out why Charity ran all those years ago when she left Christian, her brother, at the foster home. We also find out what she is dealing with now. And it's a lot. It's also why she was admitted to the hospital in the first place. Charity is also dealing with a lot of mental demons from her upbringing, and the last few years. Christian and Charity also got to reconnect, and let's just say there are issues.

Salvation was such a good story. I found myself not wanting to put my kindle down. I wanted to stay with Finn, Charity, and the group. Yes it was hard to read about everything that Charity had to go through, but at the same time I understood her so much more. Then Finn, oh Finn, he was raised by a mother very similar to Charity's, so he understood that history. The ending gave me exactly what I wanted. I love a good HEA.

Oh, and before I even say "I hope Christian gets his story told", that's already happening. I was so happy to read that at the end of Salvation. A release date hasn't been announced, but just know I'm anticipating Retribution.

Thank you for taking time to read my thoughts,


Please scroll a little further to read the teaser for Salvation. There are also links to connect with Nicole Dykes, and should you so desire there are links to purchase the book.


Release Date: April 22

Charity

I’m in trouble. Big trouble. Not that I should be surprised. My entire life has been one huge misfortune.

I have nothing and no one. 

But then . . . Finn comes along. Gorgeous, stubborn, and infuriating. 

And he can’t seem to leave me alone. 

 

Finn

Life hasn’t been a picnic. But finally, I had it all figured out. 

But then . . . Charity comes crashing into my life. Beautiful, unwavering, and aggravating.

And I can’t let her go. 



Grab Your Copy Here:



Meet Nicole Dykes

Nicole Dykes is a wife and professional assistant/mom to two gorgeous girls. 

Currently residing in Kansas, she’s a lover of coffee, Kansas City Chiefs, and all things romance. 

She currently has over 20 published books with her Monroe and Adamson series being the most popular. 

She enjoys cranking up the angst level, making her readers cry, and turning those tears into the coffee the fuels her writing.

Connect with Nicole Dykes




Hosted By: