Wednesday, April 28, 2021

May Anticipated Releases


Can you believe it's already time to talk about books releasing in May


I know! I mean it seems as though I was just sharing my anticipated reads for April. Yet some how, here we are.

So I have ELEVEN books on my anticipated reads list. I know. You want to know what's not funny? They're all in the second half of the month.  And I really want to read them all on their release dates. (well unless I can some how score an ARC, and then there is the chance of reading in advance) Yes I want to read them on their release dates because I want to read these books, but also because I want to share my thoughts here on the blog. Oh and all the books are continuations of series, or spin-offs. Sorry, not sorry.

What are the ELEVEN books? Well, I'm glad you asked.


First up is Wiz's Remedy by Xavier Neal. This is marked as the fourth book in the Camelot Misfits MC series. Now I am not certain if you need to read the previous three books or not as those are specifically about King and Imani. Whereas Wiz's Remedy is telling the story of the resident computer wiz, Maddox "Wiz" Lind. The listing on Goodreads does say it's a standalone, so take that for what it is.

Wizards still exist.
They just call them hackers now.
The Misfits MC is known for maintaining the balance.
Providing common ground.
Protecting the innocent.
However, when Maddox "Wiz" Lind, their residential hacker, is forced to leave the computer keys to save a broken soul in need of healing, he quickly realizes there's much more to life than cracking codes...

Wiz's Remedy releases on May 13, 2021.  Add to your Goodreads or preorder on Amazon



Wild Ride by Kim Loraine is next up.  If you enjoyed the Ryker Ranch series, then you're going to want to pick up Wild Ride. After all we have a little cross over action happening! Sera Ryker has gone to Vegas and wound up married to Sutton Wilde. This will be interesting as their families are kind of rivals. 

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas…
Unless that includes waking up married, tattooed, and in bed with a reality TV star. Marrying the woman of my dreams shouldn’t be an issue, right? But it's a huge problem since my wife belongs on the other side of the long-running feud between the Ryker and the Wilde families.
Yes, TV viewers around the world, I'm Sutton Wilde and my new bride is none other than Sera Ryker.
Oops.
The easy solution is to get a quickie divorce and move on...until the video of our wedding pops up all over social media the next day. Time for plan B -- stay married for thirty days to satisfy her TV contract and prevent a PR nightmare. 
Trouble is, I’ve carried a torch for Sera Ryker for a long time, and she doesn't want to have anything to do with me. Guess that means I have thirty days to make my wife fall in love with me. 
Game on.

Wild Ride releases May 17, 2021. Add it to your Goodreads or preorder on Amazon



Fallen Jester is the fifth book in the Tin Gypsy series by Devney Perry
. If you've read the previous books, then you're familiar with the Tin Gypsy MC family. It is sounding like Fallen Jester has a surprise pregnancy involved. I cannot wait to dive in.

Leo Winter loves his life. He works when he needs money. He rides when he craves freedom. He frequents the local bar when he wants a good time. The Tin Gypsies might be a memory, but the bachelor life he lived with his motorcycle club still suits him fine. So when a one-night stand surprises him at a family barbecue and claims she's pregnant with his child, he's certain he's died and gone to hell.
Cassandra Cline took one night off from her structured life. One. And now her wild fling with the local bad boy has turned her life sideways. Her dreams and academic career are circling the drain, and none of it would have happened if she'd stayed far, far away from Leo.
Except avoiding him is impossible, especially when she's forced to move home to Clifton Forge, Montana. And he refuses to leave her side when a series of strange accidents put her and their baby at risk. But are they accidents? Or is she standing in the middle of a battlefield she doesn't understand?
Her only allies are people she barely knows. And a man who has the potential to steal her heart.
If only he'd stop playing the fool.

Fallen Jester releases May 18, 2021. Add it to your Goodreads or preorder on Amazon



My Vegas Groom is the third installment in the Greene Family series by Piper Rayne. If you read My Almost Ex, then you know which Greene Family member got married in Vegas! If opposites attract is your jam, then you're going to want to read My Vegas Groom! 

Waking up next to a stranger wearing a wedding ring was not on the itinerary.

I came to Las Vegas for a quick girl’s trip, but somehow ended up a married woman. What I thought would stay in Vegas followed me back to my small town of Sunrise Bay, Alaska.

Of course, my new husband—MMA champion fighter, Logan Stone—couldn’t find me alone at my house to tell me he wants to give our impromptu nuptials a shot. He has to tell me in front of my entire family and half the town. 

The two of us couldn’t be more opposite, but he offers me a deal I can’t refuse which involves me pretending we’re happily married for three months. Yeah, a lot of things can change in that short amount of time, most importantly catching feelings for a man whose lifestyle I despise.


My Vegas Groom releases May 18, 2021.  Add it to your Goodreads or preorder on Amazon



Crazy about a Cowboy is Dylann Crush's latest release! This is the third book in the Tying the Knot in Texas series. Small town romance, need I say more? Small town plus cowboys? Yes please!

Local cowboy Jasper Taylor has to decide if it's more important to help his hometown of Ido, Texas win a contest or for him to win the heart of the woman he loves.

The little town of Ido, Texas, is up against some big competition. With the state tourism department on a search for the most romantic town in Texas, Ido is pulling out all the stops to win the title. Leading the effort is the newly appointed hospitality host Jasper Taylor. If he can secure the honor for Ido, he'll be able to hang onto his family's land.

But when the reigning Miss Lovin' Texas and celebrity judge, Delilah Stone, rolls into town, she isn't exactly welcomed with open arms. Delilah's ready to put her beauty queen days behind her, and the only thing standing in her way is spending the next thirty days in Ido. It should be an easy gig, but someone in town is tired of all of the recent publicity. Somehow everything that ought to go right is suddenly going wrong.

Now it's up to Jasper to convince Delilah to give Ido another chance by showing her just how romantic the small town can be...without losing his own heart in the process.

Crazy about a Cowboy is releasing on May 25, 2021. Add it to your Goodreads or preorder on Amazon




Dear Roomie by Kate Meader is the latest installment of the Rookie Rebels hockey series. You know how I adore hockey romance, so it's of no surprise that Dear Roomie made the list. Plus the Rookie Rebels series captivated my attention since the first book. I can't miss this one!

Reid Durand isn't here to make friends. 

Coming from a legacy of hockey greatness, he has games to win and things to prove. With his focus during his first season as a Chicago Rebel on his drive to succeed, every vice is off the table. No booze, no sugar, and definitely no women.

Kennedy Clark is the master of the side hustle. 

She'll walk your dog, brew your espresso, and pick up your dry-cleaning, all while rocking it in Warrior pose. Standing still is impossible for her, because the moment she starts to slow down, it'll come rushing back in a torrent. The memories. The pain. The heartbreak.

Their meet-cute is more of a freeze-cute. Besides, they already know each other. He's the rude, entitled customer at her coffee shop, or what used to be her coffee shop since she just got fired—because of Mr. Extra Shot Americano himself. 

Reid didn't intend to get Kennedy fired. 
He didn't intend to rescue a dog after the poor thing ended up in the lake. 
And he definitely didn't intend to acquire a new roommate. 

A curvy, chatty, tempting roommate. 
Now this perfect storm of events are about to wreak havoc on his neatly-ordered life.

Reid Durand isn't here to make friends, and he's certainly not here to lose his heart to a puppy, a team, or a chaos agent like Kennedy. But then we don't always get what we want ...


Dear Roomie will be released on May 25, 2021. Add to your Goodreads or preorder on Amazon.




Match Made in Paradise by Barbara Dunlop is giving me major Simple Wild vibes, and I CANNOT wait to dive in. Also, it's sounding like this is the start of a new series. Which, if you've been around (or looked at this post) you know I LOVE a good series. So, yes please!

Supermodel Mia Westberg has found herself under the scrutiny of the paparazzi after her much older husband dies and leaves her his fashion house. In order to stay out of the public eye, she packs her things and leaves Los Angeles, escaping to visit her cousin Raven, a shipping expeditor working in a remote part of Alaska--where Mia is sure the tabloids won't follow. But she isn't ready for everything Paradise, Alaska throws at her: the wild animals, insanely harsh weather, and a certain no-nonsense bush pilot.

When pilot Silas Burke flies a beautiful blonde into town, it doesn't take him long to figure her out. She's a spoiled, entitled city girl who has zero business in the rough terrain of Alaska, where the storms are as unforgiving as the dangerous wildlife. After seeing her struggle, and against his better judgment, he helps her acclimate to life in Paradise. But he's an impatient teacher and she's a frustrated pupil--and nothing gets them fired up more than each other. Can these two polar opposites find common ground and possibly something more? 

Match Made in Paradise is releasing on May 25, 2021. Add it to your Goodreads or preorder on Amazon.



Do you know how long I have been anticipating A French Connection by Aven Ellis? It's been since October 3, 2019. That's right, just about 18 months! Not familiar with the book? Well A French Connection is the FOURTH installment in the Rinkside in the Rockies hockey series

Thankfully I'm not the only one who has been eagerly anticipating Pierre's story. Aven has been teasing us constantly with little tidbits over in her Facebook group, as well as on her new message board. So if you need me on May 26, please don't. I'll be a bit busy. 

He’s gorgeous. He’s French. And his lips are definitely kissable…

At the most, men last two dates with the vibrant and fun-loving Lila Porter. Thank you and goodbye are her favorite words after a second date.

Lila has no desire to be bored. Or to date a man who doesn’t meet her criteria for romance. After all, she’s young, owns her own color consultation company, and is living her best life in Colorado. It would have to be someone exceptional to make her want a third date, let alone open her heart.

But when a sexy masked stranger with a French accent crosses her path at a Halloween party, Lila finds herself wanting to say bonjour instead of au revoir …  

Falling in love is a journey, and Lila finds herself willing to follow the path to be with sweet and sexy hockey player Pierre Gaudet. However, scars of the past run deep and fears of the future create shades of gray in Lila’s palette. Will love bloom in full color or will this romance end in complete heartbreak?



A French Connection releases May 26, 2021. Add it to your Goodreads or preorder on Amazon.




Bite the Bullet by April Canavan is the third book in the Birch Police Department series. If you've been around then you know that both Balls to the Wall and Boots on the Ground have made my top five lists in February and March! That is pretty darn impressive. So to say I have high hopes for Bite the Bullet would be an understatement.

I'm going into Bite the Bullet knowing next to nothing. The teaser doesn't tell me much about the plot, but that's okay. I'm sure I'll love it. I'm ready for Dom's story!

Emma
You can do it.
The last words my brother ever said to me.
I’ve got one chance to prove him right.
And nothing is going to stop me.
Not my friends or family, who think I’m crazy.
Not even a tall, sexy cop, armed with a glare that melts panties. 
Too bad I don’t have time to go to war with him.
Because I could think of a dozen different ways to bring him to his knees.
I can’t afford to pay the price of failure.
But the way he looks at me…
Makes me want to break every promise I’ve ever made.

Dominic
She’s a goddamn menace.
Wrecking me with tears and a mission I sure as shit relate to.
I want to help her, but some lines shouldn’t be crossed.
Nothing she says will change that.
She’s on a mission, but so am I.
And she’s my target. 
We both know she doesn’t stand a chance.
But while my eyes are on her…
I can’t see the threat on the horizon.
There’s only one option, and I’ve got to bite the bullet to get it done. 
Emma Hayes doesn’t know it yet, but she’s mine.

Bite the Bullet is releasing May 26, 2021. Add it to your Goodreads or preorder from Amazon.





Excuse me for a minute ...

Okay that's better. A Kiss for a Kiss is happening! It's no longer just something the fandom is pestering Helena about. It's happening this month! What am I talking about? A Kiss for a Kiss is the FOURTH book in the All In hockey series by Helena Hunting. We are getting Jake and Hanna's story! Yes, that same Jake and Hanna from the ending of A Secret for a Secret! As in Kingston birth mom and Queenie's dad. 

I'd share a teaser with you if it existed. But it doesn't. Just know Jake and Hanna's story is coming!

A Kiss for a Kiss is rumored to be releasing May 28, 2021. Add it to your Goodreads! It's not on Amazon as of yet, so I can't provide a link. Sorry.





Tomi Tabb is planning on releasing her second book, Jiving with a Royal toward the end of this month. I read her first book, Dancing with a Royal earlier this year and loved it. I know nothing about Jiving with a Royal. I *think* this book is going to be about Prince Edward, but there's nothing on Goodreads or Amazon yet. She also teasesd on Instagram that she's working on the third book in this series (Unexpected Royals). AHHHHHH!

Friends if you like the Modern Royals series by Aven Ellis, then I think you'll like the Unexpected Royals by Tomi.


May is sure to be a wonderful month for reading. Here's hoping I can read all 10 of my anticipated reads! Any specific books that you're looking forward to? 


Thanks for reading,