Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Bad Crush {a review}



Bad Crush by Rebecca Jenshak is the second book in the Campus Nights series. I had an opportunity to read an advanced copy of the book, and I was hooked immediately.

Now it's been YEARS (ahem, 2 decades) since I've been in college, but that doesn't stop me from reading these new adult romances that have a college setting. I'm all for it. Let's just say that my time at college was nothing like the characters. 🤣 This lady was either in class, at work, babysitting, or driving home for the occasional weekend. In other words, BORING. (but if you know me, then you know that's who I am. I love being at home, and laying low.)

Enough about me, and my lack of social life at college though. Let's talk about Reagan and Adam. These two initially met a couple of years ago when Reagan was moving into the same apartment complex that Adam lives in. It was an instant attraction for Reagan. One look at Adam, and the crush began. 

Reagan also happens to be best friends with Ginny. Who is Ginny you ask? Well that would be Adam's sister. Yep, this is a best friend's sibling romance. Over the last couple of years, Adam and Reagan have developed a friendship (maybe due to proximity, maybe because of Ginny). So it is also friends to lovers romance. AND I AM HERE FOR IT! Add in the fact that Adam is the captain of the hockey team, and that just ramps up my interest in the book. Sorry, not sorry.

What can I even tell you about the storyline? Well you know they are neighbors. You know they are friends. You also know that Reagan has a crush on Adam. One night, Reagan gets a little drunk (after a horrible date), and creates a little glitter heart that has a note attached for Adam. It is declaring her crush, and laying her heart on the line. She gets this letter into his apartment (and bedroom) with the help of Ginny. The next morning rolls around, and Reagan remembers what happened and NEEDS to get that card/note/what-have-you back. So she does, and her secret is safe. Fast forward a little bit, and Adam needs a date to accompany him to a banquet. He is trying to obtain a scholarship for medical school, and so he has to attend. Adam asks Reagan to join him. And THAT is where things begin to change. 

Seriously, I want to tell you so much more about the storyline and how everything ends up, but that would be wrong. That would be ruining things for others. I refuse to do that.

Here's what I will say. Bad Crush was a terrific story. The setting was fabulous. The characters (main + side) were AMAZING. And I loved every moment of it. My heart soared, my heart crashed, and I may have wanted to knock some sense into Reagan's mom. I fell for these characters, and I am definitely going to continue with the series. (as well as go back and read Secret Puck which is Heath and Ginny's story.)

So if you like hockey romance, friends to lovers, best friend's sibling, and/or the college setting, then please pick up Bad Crush. I think you'll like it. I know I did.

Thank you for taking time to read,




Please scroll a little further to read the teaser for Bad Crush. There are also links to add this book to your Goodreads page, as well as links should you like to purchase a copy.


Bad Crush by Rebecca Janshek is now live!


Reasons not to crush on Adam:
He's my best friend's brother.
He's my neighbor.
He's the captain of the hockey team.
He's a serial monogamist who's sworn off dating.
Reasons not to fake date Adam:

See above.

He has no idea I actually like him—like really like him.
But do I listen to any of those really great reasons? Of course not.

Now, thanks to my amazing and convincing acting skills, one fake date ends with him being my

fake fiancé (oops!).

My bad crush has gotten me in way over my head.






Meet Rebecca


Rebecca is a new adult romance author, sports lover, and caffeine addict. When she isn't writing, you can find her hanging with family and friends or with her nose buried in a book.

 

Connect with Rebecca

Website | www.rebeccajenshak.com

Goodreads | https://bit.ly/3eddaaw

Amazon | https://amzn.to/3v694HB

Facebook | www.facebook.com/rebeccajenshak

Facebook Group | https://bit.ly/3ebGOgs

Instagram | www.instagram.com/rebeccajenshak

Twitter | www.twitter.com/rebeccajenshak

Bookbub | https://bit.ly/3eebgXs

Newsletter | https://bit.ly/3eiLzVL