Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Ruined Things {a review}

This is hands down one of my most anticipated reads for the month of June.

If you've been around, then you know that back in January I discovered Fragile Things and Fractured Things by Samantha Lovelock. I was immediately hooked, and could not get enough of the characters. Well then came March, and Restless Things released. The way that book ended? OH MY WORD. That cliffhanger. I can't.

That had me anticipating June 17, 2021. As that was the original release date for Ruined Things. At the beginning of June, Samantha Lovelock announced that she needed to push the date just a smidgen. While I was bummed, I completely understood her reasonings. As I think most people would.

So here we are, June 29, and Ruined Things is officially available for purchase. I was fortunate enough to read an advanced copy, but you know I have my orders placed on Amazon for both the kindle copy and the paperback. How can I not? I mean my obsession is there.

Time to recap, but I need to be careful because this is a continuation of an existing story. So if you haven't read the first three books, um, exit now.

If you've read Restless Things, then you know the "villain" that was mentioned. Well that person is BACK, and they are causing issues. You also know that at the end of the book, Payne was involved in a major car wreck. Could that villain be at fault for Payne's crash? Also, that whole event that happened at the party? WHAT WAS THAT? Egads. Anyways after Payne's crash, the trio rushes to the hospital, because you know where else would someone be taken?!? Well that's about to be revealed. Also, Sunday and Payne are on the outs. Throughout this book we witness them trying to repair their relationship, and try to understand that they are destined to be together. While their relationship stuff is going on, there is also that bomb that Hali dropped. Add that with what Sunday thought she had noticed at the compound, and well I have questions! Then there was the backstory on Stella's car, and we discover the connection to the past that the car has. Oofta I didn't see that little tidbit coming, but I can see it now, and how it all ties in. Last thing I want to mention is that ending. THE ENDING! Oh Samantha Lovelock, you're trying to kill me.

Do I even need to say that I loved this book? Do I? Because it should be pretty dang obvious at this point. I am freaking obsessed with this series, the setting, the characters, all of it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am hoping for an origins story. If not an origins story, at least a story of the parents adventures when they became the Heirs. Loved Sunday and Stella together. Loved Poe and Stella together. Payne and Sunday, well that should be obvious. I loved them, and am so glad that things are headed in the right direction. Also, the fact that we got to see Raff and Heller? They've been seriously missed. The only thing that had me a bit bummed was that I didn't get answers. In my head I imagined that Ruined Things would be the "end" of Sunday and Payne's story, and everything would wrap up nicely. Instead I'm left wanting and waiting. Rude. Also, ahem, what's up with Sunday's parents? {whispers quietly: where'd they run off to, and why?}

Obviously I'm going to tell you to read Ruined Things. If you haven't read this series yet, what are you waiting for? GO READ IT! Go get sucked into the world of Folkestone. Also, I could totally see Folkestone Sins being a TV series. And I would watch it. 

Thank you for reading my thoughts,
Laura


How do you say goodbye to the one who holds your heart?

Payne Emerson should never have been behind the wheel, or on that stretch of road. It’s all my fault. The nightmare I feared most has come true and the boy I love is paying for my mistakes.

No matter how loud my screams or how deafening the sound of my heartbreak, he can’t hear me.

I am alone in this fight.

But I am fierce in my love.

And I will find out who did this.

My name is Sunday Grace Easton, and it’s time to make them regret the day they decided to take him from me.

Ruined Things is the fourth book in the suspense-filled Folkestone Sins series. While it is possible to be read along with the third book as a duet, to have the best reader experience it’s recommended to begin the series with book one, Fragile Things, where the characters and their world are introduced. As it is part of an ongoing series, this book does end on a cliffhanger.

This is a friends to lovers, angsty, mature new adult high school romance with a twist. It contains situations and flashbacks that may trigger some readers, including drug use, mental health issues, foul language, and scenes of a sexual nature.


One Click Ruined Things HERE!
Add Ruined Things to your Goodreads TBR!


Listen to Sunday & Payne's playlists on Spotify!


Other books in the series


Fragile Things

Fractured Things
Restless Things



Meet Samantha Lovelock

Samantha Lovelock is a sarcastic individual with a decent sense of humour, darknesses hidden in mind-closets that occasionally Jack-in-The-Box her unsuspecting ass, and a love and loyalty for her friends and family that runs deeper than any ocean. Her guy means the world to her, and so does her cat; sometimes even in that order. Her Mum is her hero, hands down. She proudly wears the crown of a Queen of Innuendo, and of Name That Tune, and has never met a cliffhanger she didn’t like. She lives in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies with her British cowboy and their Norwegian Forest Cat, Winston Churchill.

Facebook Instagram Reader Group BookBub Newsletter Website Goodreads TikTok Twitter Spotify Amazon


Hosted by:


Thank you to Samantha Lovelock and Wildfire Marketing Solutions for providing me with an advanced copy of Ruined Things.