Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Southern Heat {a review}

 


Today is release day for Southern Heat, which is the sixth book in the Southern series by Natasha Madison. Southern Heat tells us the story of Quinn and Willow. If you read Southern Heart, you may recall getting a small glimpse of their introduction. It was quite the first impression.

In Southern Heat, we go back to the night that Chelsea is rescued, Mayson's dad is dead, and Quinn finds a woman hidden beneath a bed. This woman is barely alive. The moment Quinn picks her up to bring her to the ambulance, he feels a connection with her. Jane Doe is brought to the hospital, and all of her wounds are discovered. From broken bones, to fractured ribs, to bruises galore, this woman has it all. Days later it is also discovered that she has a broken clavicle. We then learn that her name is Willow, and she had been through hell with Benjamin for the last 8 years. This is her story of healing, growing, and finding love in this small southern town.

My recap of the book doesn't really do it justice. It just doesn't. How can I put into words everything that happened in Willow and Quinn's story, without spoiling it. I love that this book was insta-love. I love that it is small town romance. I love that Quinn sat by Willow's hospital bed around the clock. I cannot even begin to imagine all that Willow had been through in her life. Some of it was pretty difficult to read about, but she is a survivor. I love how these two fell into love without even realizing it. Witnessing these two fall for each other, go through the moment of conflict, and come back out of it stronger than ever just warms my heart. I just loved this book through and through.

I cannot get enough of the Southern series by Natasha Madison. I love her hockey series, I loved her Hollywood series, but this Southern series is a whole different ball game. There's only two books left in the series, and I don't want it to be over. 

Thank you for reading my thoughts,
Laura


Willow
After being left for dead, I was given a fresh start by my knight in shining armor.

My protector.

I never had a family before they took me in.

But I don’t know how to stay or trust.

I always had a bag packed and ready just in case I needed to escape again.

Like they say, old habits die hard.
Being in the shadows is lonely, but lonely is safe.

Quinn
I was the quiet one, the one who stood in the back and watched things unfold. The cowboy who only cared about his horses instead of the glory.

Until I found her fighting for her life. Something inside me shifted, and I couldn’t stop it.

I couldn’t stop protecting her. 
I fell in love with her with one look because she was my soul mate.

Even though I knew I couldn't make her stay.



Grab Your Copy Here:

Amazon | Nook | Apple | Kobo

Add to Goodreads
Southern Heat


Meet Natasha Madison 


When her nose isn't buried in a book, or her fingers flying across a keyboard writing, she's in the kitchen creating gourmet meals. You can find her, in four inch heels no less, in the car chauffeuring kids, or possibly with her husband scheduling his business trips. It's a good thing her characters do what she says, because even her Labrador doesn't listen to her...

Connect with Natasha Madison



Hosted By:



Thank you to Natasha Madison and Wildfire Marketing Solutions for providing me with an advanced copy of Southern Heat.