Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Caspian: Carolina Reapers #8 {a review}


The other day I mentioned that there was a new book coming in the Carolina Reapers series by Samantha Whiskey. Well, Caspian is now available, and let me tell you, it was FABULOUS!


If you enjoy sports romance, small town romance, the girl next door trope, the sibling’s best friend trope, or the fake dating trope, then trust me when I say you’re going to want to read Caspian! Because this book, it has it all. Plus since it’s a Reapers book, we get to see all of the other teammates. So yay for that!


Caspian has recently returned to his home town in preparation for his sister London’s wedding. Shortly after arriving home, Caspian’s mom corners him and tells him that Ryleigh needs a date to the wedding. She has just had her heart broken, and it’s all the town can talk about. When Ryleigh appears at the house with her mom, it turns out that Ryleigh was given a story as well. Her mom was trying to convince her to take Caspian to the wedding, as he’s been away for so long and knows no one. Basically these moms are trying to play matchmaker. Caspian ends up convincing Ryleigh to attend all the events with him, and tells her it will cause her ex to be jealous, which just might knock some sense into him. Perhaps this will fix their relationship. That’s all Ryleigh needs to hear. She’s in. So for the next two weeks, Caz and Ryleigh are together constantly. They attend all the events together, make her ex jealous, and end up falling for each other. Naturally. Then there’s the big dramatic moment, and all hopes of a HEA are about to go crashing to the ground. Until there’s a grand gesture put into motion. This grand gesture could save it all.


This book y'all. I can’t even. I loved getting to meet back up with the Reapers. I love that London chose to have her wedding in her hometown. I love how the moms set up Caspian and Ryleigh. I love how Caspian didn’t really fight it. I just love how everything played out within the story. There was not a part of the story that I didn’t like. The big dramatic moment, was just that, a big dramatic moment that caused issues for Ryleigh and Caspian. I fully expected Caz to react the way he did. I did not expect Ryleigh to do what she did though. Caspian’s grand gesture I saw coming, but that didn’t matter one bit. (although deep down inside I didn’t want it to happen.)  It was still everything I wanted from the story, from the characters, from Samantha Whiskey.  I’ll fully admit I cried toward the end. BUT, that ending has me hopeful for things to come. If that happens, I will be so freaking giddy. Nothing is confirmed there though, so I’ll speak no further on the subject.

Loved the book. Loved the characters. Loved the setting. Loved the tropes that were used. I just loved it. Samantha Whiskey’s books just make me happy.


Thank for taking time to read my thoughts,
Laura


She’s the girl next door, and for the next two weeks I’ll be her NHL star boyfriend.

When Ryleigh Dunham needs a date for my sister’s wedding—one confident and sexy enough to make her ex jealous—I’m more than happy to sign up for the job.

After all, Ryleigh isn’t the feisty teenager I used to know—now she’s all fiery passion, delectable curves, and a smart mouth I can’t get enough of.

Only problem is, I can’t stop the electricity crackling between us every time we’re “faking it.”

And the longer we play the game, the harder I’m falling.

Ryleigh feels it too, but she’s stuck in a past that refuses to let her go.

Now I’m playing for her future, and if we can’t see beyond our stubbornness, we may lose our shot at one hell of a happily ever after.
 


Add Caspian to your Goodreads TBR!
One-click now on Amazon
or read for FREE with Kindle Unlimited!