Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Southern Secrets {a review}


The time has come my reader friends! Natasha Madison’s latest addition to the Southern series is now available. Let me tell you, Southern Secrets is one you do not want to miss!


If you’ve read any of the books in the series, then you know that within this series you’ll get suspense, a little mystery, swoony moments, and a whole lotta steam. You’ll also feel like you’re family, and that these people are ones you want to know in real life. Oh wait, maybe that’s just me.


Southern Secrets is Amelia and Asher’s story. Asher arrived in town about six months ago. He was down to his last few dollars, and didn’t know what he was going to do. Until he met Ethan. Ethan offered him a job, and gave him a place to stay. Asher got right to work, showed he is dependable, and is willing to do what they throw at him. The moment he met Amelia (Ethan’s sister, Jacob’s daughter), Asher was done for. This woman fascinated him. He could not get her off his mind. Soon enough, these two became best friends. They were inseparable, and talked throughout the day. Amelia is burning the candle at both ends, and is determined to never rely on anyone. By day she works at the horse barns, but at night she heads to the bar that she bought from her Aunt Savannah. Amelia has plans for the place, and is looking forward to the day that this is her sole job. But she had plans once before, and then had the rug pulled out from under her feet. She is NOT going to let that happen again, and she most definitely is not going to give her heart to anyone. Asher and Amelia’s friendship is going great, until the day when the barns down. It is then that Amelia tells Asher that he can stay with her. After all, Asher had been living in that barn, and now he has nothing left. So he needs her support. He needs her friendship. But what if he also needs her? The day after the barn fire, Asher is at the scene with the guys. The fire marshall told them it was looking like arson, and they are looking for anything that is out of place. It is then that Asher spots something, and well the mystery is about to begin.


I LOVE the Southern series! I love the setting. I love the characters. I love the suspense. I just love it. So it’s of no surprise that I freaking loved Southern Secrets. Especially as Asher began sharing his past, the past he had kept secret for so long. It allowed us to see everything he has been through. And then, when that bombshell was dropped? EGADS! I was surprised, and I did not see that coming. Yet I’m glad it did. When Amelia revealed the secret that she had been keeping, that wasn’t as shocking, but at the same time it is since she never told anyone. I loved the connection that Asher and Amelia had. I loved how everyone else could see what was building between the two, yet they were blind to it all. 


I’m bummed there is only one more book in the series, but all good things must come to an end. It will be interesting to see what Natasha Madison has up her sleeve for the next series. My hope is for another small town slash cowboy series, but time will tell. Whatever she releases, I know for certain I will thoroughly enjoy it. 


Go pick up Southern Secrets and read Asher and Amelia’s story for yourself. Of course if you haven’t read the first 6 books in the series, then I recommend you do that!


Thank you for reading my thoughts,
Laura




Some secrets have a way of coming back and haunting us, no matter how much we try to bury them.

Amelia
Never make the same mistake twice is my motto.
After being left in the dust of an old pickup truck, I promised that I would take care of myself
and never trust another man with a sexy smirk and cowboy boots.
Then he showed up, and he’s everywhere I turn. He's at the barn, he's at the bar, and now, he's my roommate.
He makes me want things I shouldn’t

Asher
I grew up in foster care, and on my eighteenth birthday, I was set free.
I spent years coasting from town to town.
Staying wasn’t a part of my plan and neither was love, especially with someone off limits.
This was all supposed to be temporary.
I’m just hoping my secret doesn’t destroy the only family I’ve ever known.

Buried secrets are never buried for long.


Grab Your Copy Here:
Amazon | Nook | Apple | Kobo | Audio

Add to your Goodreads TBR!


Meet Natasha Madison 


When her nose isn't buried in a book, or her fingers flying across a keyboard writing, she's in the kitchen creating gourmet meals. You can find her, in four inch heels no less, in the car chauffeuring kids, or possibly with her husband scheduling his business trips. It's a good thing her characters do what she says, because even her Labrador doesn't listen to her...

Connect with Natasha Madison


Hosted By:
Thank you to Natasha Madison, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions for providing me with an advanced copy of Southern Secrets.