Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Vicious Union {a review}


First things first...LOOK AT THIS GORGEOUS BOOK COVER! Absolutely stunning.

Now that we've looked at that stunning cover, let's talk about the book. Now I am new to Jocelyne Soto's writing, and let me tell you, I AM HOOKED. If you are looking for an easy to read story, with some steam, and some suspense, then you are going to want to grab Vicious Union. Yes, it is the start of the new Flor de Muertos series, but believe me, you'll be hooked.

In Vicious Union, we have Serena and Leo. Serena recently had a relationship end, and her best friend Aria suggests they take a girls trip to Vegas. It is just what they both need, and the trip is planned. After a day of drinking by the pool, the girls head back to their room. Except they've consumed more than they should have and are having difficulty finding their room. It is during this time that they meet Leo and Santos. The guys help the girls find their room, and get them settled before heading on their way. During all of this, Leo and Serena had an instant connection. There was a pull, and neither could get over it. Later at the club, the girls again run into Leo and Santos. Aria invites them to the table where they all talk, and drink.  Shortly there after, Leo and Serena leave to go grab a bite to eat at a secret pizzeria. The attraction is building, and soon they find themselves not wanting to be away from each other. Never mind the fact that Leo is there on a job for his father, and so that is where his focus should be. Instead it is on this beautiful woman. One thing leads to another, and the night before Serena flies out, the two end up getting married. But they don't realize that right away, as the night is a bit fuzzy. What happens next is a couple going their separate ways, not knowing where each other live, or even their last names. The weekend was just supposed to be that, a weekend away. It is after returning to Austin that the suspense element kicks in, and things really ramp up. 

I gave this book 4.5 stars on Goodreads. It was phenomenal, and I cannot wait to continue on and find out what happens with this cast of characters. I love a good Vegas wedding. I love the opposites attract aspect of a story. Add in some suspense, and I'm hooked. There was something about the way Jocelyne wrote this story that had it captivate me. The story flowed wonderfully, and I could not put it down. I loved the friendship between Aria and Serena. I loved how passionate Serena was about her job, and how she put her foot down about it. I loved how protective Leo was. I loved the family dynamics between Leo, his sisters, and their father. I don't approve of anything Leo's father does, but it was a nice addition to the storyline. Plus it really set the stage for the next book. Characters are wonderful, settings are so good, and the plot just grabbed hold and didn't let go of me.

If you are someone who typically reads organized crime romances (that is such a strange statement to write out), go grab Vicious Union. Chances are high that once you start reading the book, you won't be able to put it down. And then you'll find yourself wondering when the next book is coming out. Oh wait, maybe that's just me. 

Thank you for taking time to read my thoughts,
Laura




The son of the most dangerous Kingpin in Mexico.


The heir to the throne.


The man that individuals fear the most, next to my father.

 

According to my father those are things that I should be proud of.


I should be proud of my heritage and wear it on my back with honor.


I’ll honor my heritage but I will not honor the path that is set out for me.


The life that my father lives is not for me.


I will do anything in my power to walk away from that life, and that apparently includes getting married in Vegas after a night of drinking.


She’s beautiful, everything that I have ever wanted, but I can’t have her.


Not with the life that I live, not with the blood I have on my hands.


Grab Your Copy Here!
or
Read for FREE with your KU subscription!

Add to your Goodreads TBR now!



Meet Jocelyne Soto

Jocelyne Soto is a romance author  born and raised in California. 

She started her writing journey in 2015 and in 2019 she published her first book. She is an independent author who loves discovering new authors on Goodreads and Amazon. 

She comes from a big Mexican family, and with it comes a love for all things family and food.

Jocelyne has a love for her mom’s coffee and writing. In her free time, she can be found reading a romance novel off her iPad or somewhere in the black hole of YouTube.


Connect with Jocelyne Soto

Website | Newsletter | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest


Hosted By:

Thank you to Jocelyne Soto, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with an advanced copy of Vicious Union.