Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Below the Line by April Canavan {a review}

 


After a slight delay, Below the Line by April Canavan is NOW AVAILABLE! If you're anything like me, you have been eagerly anticipating this book because it means that we FINALLY find out the history between Teri and Logan. And friends, what a story it is. 


Teri and Logan were once high school sweethearts. Logan had plans to marry her, to start a life with her, and to just have that happily ever after. Then came everything that happened with Lettie, and her death. Logan was grieving his sister big time, and he decided to join the military. To celebrate that, there was a family dinner scheduled. On the way there though, something major happened, and that right there changed Logan's path. He convinced himself that he could never be with Teri. He wasn't good enough, and everything that happened was his fault. Flash forward to current day. Logan is going on the annual camping trip with his family, and who shows up but Teri and her family. Logan is shocked to see her there, but he is also 100% happy she came. He's determined to talk to her and set things straight. Until things go south again. An emergency leads to an announcement, which leads to lives changing. Then there is the bombshell that the Chief drops onto Logan, and his life is spiraling out of control.

I am obsessed with the Birch Police Department series that April Canavan has created. Each book in this series has made me cry (at varying levels), and fall in love with our cast of characters. I want to befriend these fictional people. I want to go be their neighbor, be their friend, and just live in their community. Ever since reading Balls to the Wall (Remy & Parker's story), I have been intrigued by Logan and Teri. I knew that their story was going to be a bit intense. There had to be a reason why Logan was acting the way he was, and how he couldn't leave Teri alone. There is this connection between them that can only be described as soul mates. These two have a tether to the other that cannot be severed. No matter what has happened in their lives since that day in the alley, they always come back to each other. I love it. Do I understand why Logan would let himself into Teri's house every so often? Not really. I get that Teri brings him comfort, but dang if that isn't a little stalker-ish. (If you've read the story then you know what I'm talking about) 

I posted on Instagram when I was about half way through chapter 6, and I was picking my jaw up off the ground. I could not get over what I had just read, and the scenes that had just played out. That brought on the tears a little bit. Then later in the book, when the suspense kicked in, I was on the edge of my seat wondering how all that was going to play out. How was it going to wrap up? What would it take for Teri and Logan to get their HEA? I don't know that these two could handle much more heartache, pain, and loss. Everything that happened was rough to read, BUT at the same time it got them to where they needed to be. All of this brought them to their HEA. I love this series, and I want more. I cannot wait to read the novel that was teased at the end. My curiosity has been sparked, and I will be anticipating that book when it releases. But considering that book isn't even on Goodreads yet, I'll be waiting a bit. So while I wait for that one, I at least have the Birch County Fire series to look forward to. Ground Zero releases next month, and I am so ready for it!

If you are all about police and/or military romances, then PLEASE go read the Birch Police Department series by April Canavan. I put it under both categories because our guys are all former military (or reserves in Dom's case), and are just simply amazing. They are alphas, they are overprotective, they love hard, and they wear their hearts on their sleeves. Their ladies are pretty darn incredible too. Oh, and reading this series may have you craving tacos and pizza. Both foods play a big part in the books. 🤣

Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts on Below the Line, and the Birch Police Department series. I think you'll fall for these characters. If you're an emotional reader, have the tissue box close by. Some books will require more tissues than others.

Laura




Teri
Silence.
That’s all I had from him for years.
Broken promises.
Dreams of a life we should have had.
Except he left me behind.
And then he showed up, scarred and broken.
I can’t save him.
Hell, I can’t even save myself.
When he promises me the world, I know he’s full of shit.
But that doesn’t stop me from letting him in.
From hoping he’s not going to break me again.

Logan
I made promise after promise.
Broke every single one of them without looking back.
Okay, that’s a lie.
I looked back, and I made damned sure she never loved anyone else.
She’s always belonged to me.
I know I’m not a good man.
I may be dense, but I’m not a f*cking idiot.
When I get the chance to have her, I take it.
Her kiss.
Her smell.
The way she screams my name.
In the dark pit of my life, she’s the only salvation.
And I’ll destroy anything that tries to take her from me again.


Grab Your Copy Here!
Add to your Goodreads TBR!


New to the Birch Police Department? Catch up here:











Meet April Canavan

I live on chaos and coffee, and you’ll find it running through every single one of my stories.  

First of all, I absolutely abhor writing anything biographical. In any form. I’m terrible at it, and I have the very firm belief that no one wants to know who I am. You’re here for books, right? But that doesn’t mean I’m off the hook.

 

I grew up sneaking over to my great grandmother’s to read her Harlequin novels. Those were delivered once a month in a ginormous box, and from the age of ten, she let me devour them in their entirety. I fell in love with romance, even the clean kind. And that, undoubtedly, led to many days and nights with my face buried in a book and the discovery that I wasn’t happy unless my hair was up, and I had a story in my hand. 

 

I never wanted to write. I wanted to read. ALL the words. Until someone pointed out to me that I’d been writing my entire life. I just needed to put the book in my hand down and pick up a pen. 

 

Once I started, I found out that I couldn’t stop. Now, I’m always writing. Or reading. Or chasing my son through the house to get the elusive hug he thinks I don’t need.

 

Oh, and I’m a Leo… which is completely on-point if you know me at all. I love being the center of attention. On my terms. When I can stay at home in my pajamas. With lots and lots of coffee on hand. And maybe a few snacks.


Connect with April Canavan
To learn more about April Canavan, visit here!


Hosted By:
Thank you to April Canavan, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with an advanced copy of  Below the Line.