Thursday, October 21, 2021

Touchdown by Lisa Suzanne {a review}

 

The day has finally arrived! We FINALLY get to find out how Jack and Kate's story is going to wrap up. Will these two have their happily ever after or will Michelle get her way? What about that conversation that Kate had heard, at Jack's company, regarding paperwork? Will Savannah and Michelle leak all their info to the press? WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN?!?

Those were all thoughts that went through my head as I was reading, and preparing to read, Touchdown. For those who are unfamiliar with the book, Touchdown is the fifth book in the Vegas Aces: The Quarterback series by Lisa Suzanne. This series is one that you have to read in order because each book (well except for #5) ends in a cliffhanger. So clearly you cannot just jump in anywhere. Well I suppose you could, but you'd be awfully confused.

Obviously I will not recap this book. I won't. It's the FINAL book, so I mean if I were to recap it, there would be spoilers, and I don't want to be that person.

What I will say is that this second season of the Vegas Aces wrapped up wonderfully. There were no real loose ends, and everything that happened just made me feel good. Lisa Suzanne tried to get me with Michelle, but I don't know if I can handle a redemption arc. Not yet. It's too soon. But she has opened my eyes to Michelle a little bit, and UGH!

If anything Touchdown has me loving these characters even more than I did previously. Witnessing how Ellie was there for Kate, just that friendship made my heart happy. There was a big change in Jack through the course of this series, and everything that has happened has made me enjoy his character all the more. I understand why he was the way he was in Luke's series. I understand his priorities, how hard he loves, and how hard he protects those he cares about. Kate changed a lot over the course of the series too. She became a stronger woman who finally figured out what she wanted and how to make it happen. Everything that happened affected her, and ultimately made her grow. I just love these characters. The setting was pretty good too. That storyline though. Man oh man did Lisa Suzanne hold me hostage on this one. From the very first page of Traded, to the very last page of Touchdown, I was ALL IN.

Bring on Season 3 of Vegas Aces!

I know there are people out there who don't care for the multiple books that cover just one couple. I know there are. But there is so much that needs to be unpacked, there is so much that the characters need t work through, and then there's the growth that happens. Honestly, it's just easier to go with the cliffhangers, and the shorter stories versus trying to pack all that into one book. Could you imagine how many pages that would be for one single book? Yeah, no thank you. I'll take all these 150-200 page books. Not to mention the anticipation that builds with each book release. It's like a tv mini series that they used to air back in the day. 

Please go read all 10 of the Vegas Aces books. Technically you don't NEED to start with Luke and Ellie's story, but it will help you understand things that are discussed, the history with Michelle and Savannah, and why readers were not happy with Jack during that series. Read the books, and come talk to me about them. Please.

Thank you for taking time to read my thoughts.

Laura





As much as I’ve coached the pro football quarterback to believe he always has a choice, this time I’m the one backed into a corner.

My biggest fears have come true. I’m an adult living with my parents as I contemplate my future. I’ve given up everything to make the ultimate sacrifice, but at some point I need to put what happened behind me.

It’s time to imagine new dreams, create new goals, and cheer for touchdowns that aren’t scored by Jack Dalton.

Maybe then I can pick up the pieces I left behind.

TOUCHDOWN is the fifth book in the VEGAS ACES: THE QUARTERBACK series. This series must be read in order.


Grab Your Copy Here!


Add to your Goodreads TBR!


Binge the series here!



Meet Lisa Suzanne


Lisa Suzanne is a romance author who resides in Arizona with her husband and two kids. 

She’s a former high school English teacher and college composition instructor. 

When she's not chasing her kids, she can be found working on her latest book or watching reruns of Friends.  


Connect with Lisa Suzanne


Hosted by:
 
Thank you to Lisa Suzanne, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with an advanced copy of Touchdown.