Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Wild Love by Rebecca Jenshak {a review}

Wild Love by Rebecca Jenshak is now available! Reader friends, this was my favorite of the Campus Nights series! SERIOUSLY! And no it isn't JUST because the book was primarily set in Minnesota. That was just a bonus.

If you've read the previous books in the Campus Nights series, then you are familiar with Johnny and Dakota. You also know that these two have been around each other for two years, and during that time Johnny (aka Maverick) has been flirting with Dakota. She just blows it off because Johnny isn't her type. Or so she has led herself to believe. Well now Johnny is headed to Minnesota to play for the Wildcats. He's leaving Valley U, and is going pro. Things are changing for the friends, and this is a major change for all of them. Dakota has been searching for an internship, but keeps coming up empty. Her plan now is to stay on campus and keep working at the Hall of Fame. Johnny ends up hearing about an internship with the Wildcats, and a plan is set in motion. Johnny and Dakota will go to Minnesota together, and it will be awesome. Neither is planning on starting a summer/internship fling, but that's what happens. Never mind the fact that a fling goes against the contract that Dakota signed. She's supposed to be steering clear of a relationship with a Wildcat. Now what?

Full disclosure: I teared up numerous times at the beginning of the book. It's the change that this book represents. This group of friends is having their lives altered as a few move away, a couple graduate, and the others move into a new apartment. It's a lot of change, and shows that our characters are growing up. Their college years are almost over. Then you add in everything that Dakota is dealing with regarding finding a paid internship, and worrying about finances, and dang if that isn't real life. I love how once they arrived in Minnesota, Johnny showed Dakota the real version of himself, and not the curated version he had on campus. The "real" Johnny is a lover, he is passionate, he is caring, he is protective, and he is a giver. He's just an amazing man who takes care of those he loves. As for Dakota, she is a strong independent woman who doesn't take help easily. She wants to do things on her own and not depend on others. She also loves her friends as though they are family, and being away from her girls for the summer is rough. When things start to heat up with Johnny, you can practically feel her pulling away, and wanting to run. Yet at the same time the curiosity is there. The passion is there. The desire is there. I love how their relationship played out. From friends to lovers with the help of forced proximity. Everything about their relationship just felt right. These two opposites work well together. 

I loved the characters. The setting was fantastic because Minnesota and hockey. The story was also wonderful. Everything about it made me happy, even through the tear filled eyes. I also love that this was essentially the set up for the Wildcats series. And oh how I am here for it. Also, I want to mention the rating that I put on Goodreads. I gave Wild Love five stars. FIVE STARS! If you know me, you know that I am extremely stingy with that rating, and the book has to meet a high expectation. Well, Wild Love did. It was just absolutely fabulous. So OBVIOUSLY I think you should go read it. Now you don't need to read the other books in the series, but it will help you understand the friendship that these characters have.

Thank you for reading my thoughts on Wild Love,
Laura

He's a wild ride I have no intention of riding.


Johnny Maverick is a lot of things.
Great hockey player
Loyal friend
Always up for a good time

And now, he's my new roommate.

It's only for a few weeks while I intern for the Wildcats - his new NHL team.


And there are some pros to living with my hot and ridiculous friend (or is that ridiculously hot?). He's fun and unexpectedly sweet, and he reminds me not to take myself too seriously.

I had no intention of breaking the one rule given to me on my first day on the job: no sleeping with the players.


And if I had, I never dreamed that player would be Johnny Maverick.

Download today on Amazon, Apple Books, Kobo, Barnes & Noble!

Amazon | Apple Books | Kobo | Nook | Google Play


Add Wild Love to your Goodreads TBR!


Meet Rebecca


Rebecca is a new adult romance author, caffeine-addict, and lover of all sports. She's a Midwest girl at heart, but currently resides in Arizona.

Connect with Rebecca

Website | Goodreads | Amazon | Facebook | Facebook Group | Instagram | Twitter | BookBub




Thank you to Rebecca Jenshak, and Valentine PR, for providing me with an advanced copy of Wild Love.