Monday, November 1, 2021

An Irresistible Chance by Kim Loraine {a review}

An Irresistible Chance is the kick off to Kim Loraine's latest series the Irresistible Langstons, and it is officially available! So let's head back to Montana to find out what's going on with Hawk Langston, and his daughter Carly. Rumor has it, Hawk is going to need a nanny, and Lark & Travis Ryker have the perfect candidate!

Oh where to begin with my recap?!? Daisy has recently broken up with the man she was dating, and she's out of a job as well. So when her friend Lark tells her about a nanny job in Montana, she's jumping at the chance to be near her friend again.  On her way to Montana, Daisy stops at a hotel for the night. It is there that she meets a handsome cowboy, who she spends a little time with in the elevator, and ends up asking him to kiss her. Best kiss ever. Flash forward a little bit, and she meets the man she will be working for. It's the handsome cowboy. Nerves arise, and she's tempted to flee. That is until she meets Carly. She'll put aside her issues for that little girl who has just stolen her heart. But can the relationship between Daisy and Hawk remain professional? Will hearts be broken or will there be a happily ever after in her future?

As soon as I read the small teaser at the end of Wild Mistake, I KNEW I would enjoy this book. Hawk and Daisy did not disappoint one bit, and I could not put down my kindle. I was fully immersed in their world, and had to know what happened next for the duo. Add in Carly, and I was just a goner. That little girl is something else. Now I can't lie, I would have loved for their big dramatic moment to be a little grander, but it was fine. It was more like a mole hill than a mountain, but that's okay. Still issues were worked out. Tension was released, Happiness was found. Trust was built. And these two found love. (oh come on, you know these books end in HEAs, so don't pretend to be surprised! 😉)

I loved the book, and like I said I could not put it down. The Langston family has captured my attention, and I cannot wait to revisit them. Before we can do that though, we have to reconnect with the folks at Wilde Horse Ranch. Sounds like Maverick has a proposition for the vet.

If you've read the Rykers or the Wildes, then the Langstons is just the next step. All of these families know each other, and are often helping each other out. So it only makes sense that they appear in each others books. Let's go to Montana and hang out at these ranches.

Thank you for taking time to read my thoughts on An Irresistible Chance. If you too are a fan of cowboy romances set in small towns, then please go read this one. I think you'll enjoy it. I know I did.

Laura

Cover Designer: TE Black
Photographer: Wander Aguiar
Model: Andrew Biernat

Don't sleep with the nanny.

That should be a simple rule to follow, but some things are easier said than done.

Especially when the nanny I hire to take care of my wild child daughter turns out to be the one I can't forget. 

The woman I shared a red-hot anonymous kiss with a few weeks ago when we were trapped in an elevator? Yeah, seems she's one and the same--sweet, sexy, irresistible Daisy.

When she shows up in town, fresh-faced and ready to care for my kid, it hits me like a kick from a stubborn mare. I'm in way over my head.

I've been fantasizing about seeing my elevator woman again. And now I'm seeing her every damn day at the breakfast table, or at the playground with my adorable daughter.

Daisy is exactly what my little girl needs. 

But every day I spend with Daisy makes me want her more, only I can't have her. 

I won't risk breaking the unbreakable rule to take a chance at love.

Until the night I do.


Order your copy today!

Add An Irresistible Chance to your Goodreads TBR!



Meet Kim Loraine



Kim Loraine was raised a Navy brat but spent most of her life growing up in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. A proper Washingtonian, she's addicted to coffee, doesn't let a little rain ruin her day, and thinks the sun is a gift from God. When not chasing her three little minions around, Kim spends her time writing, reading, and binge watching Doctor Who.

Connect with Kim


Thank you to Kim Loraine, and Valentine PR, for providing me with an advanced copy of An Irresistible Chance.