Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Only One Mistake by Natasha Madison {a review}


If you are a fan of the Only One series by Natasha Madison, then you need to run to your favorite retailer, and grab a copy of Only One Mistake right this minute. Michael and Jillian are amazing, and if you're anything like me, you're going to fall hard for these two.

Natasha Madison got me again. I was not expecting to fall so hard for Michael Horton, but it happened. Only One Mistake also reaffirmed my love of Something So Irresistible.

The last year has been difficult for Michael. His coach and he have been having issues, and all that came to a head recently. Which resulted in Michael contacting his agent to request a trade. Where is he headed? The Dallas Oilers of course! It is here that he will get to be on the same team as Cooper Grant, who is one of his cousins. The night he arrives in town, he decides to head out to grab a bite to eat. Shortly after arriving, a woman approaches his table. She asks if his name is Zander, because that is who she is supposed to be meeting for a blind date. Michael lets her know she has the wrong guy, and off she goes to wait. Jillian has been stood up! She is about to leave the restaurant when Michael approaches her this time, and asks her to join him. After the meal, and conversation, the two are about to go their opposite ways. That is until Michael gets this thought in his head, and he realizes he needs to be the one to take her home. For safety purposes. Obviously. He manages to convince Jillian, and they arrive at her place. From there one thing leads to another, and a steamy night is had together. Jillian gets Michael's number and promises to call. A little time passes, and Jillian attempts to call, but another woman answers. She tries back another day, and the number is disconnected. Apparently this potential relationship wasn't going to happen. When Jillian discovers she's pregnant, from that night with Michael, she's excited but crushed. Guess she'll be a single mom. That is until months later Michael appears at the school she teaches at. Can they reconnect? Can they have a future together? Why didn't Michael contact her? What is happening?

From their initial meet cute at the restaurant, to their steamy night together, to the phone calls that never went through, to everything that kept them apart, only to be reunited because Cooper and Erika could't pick up the kids, I fell so hard for Michael and Jillian. These two stumbled into each other's lives by pure chance, and missed out on almost 5 months together because of life events. When Jillian and Michael did reconnect, and he realized she was pregnant, I wasn't certain what was going to happen next. I certainly did not expect for Michael to go home and call his Dad (Max)! Then that entire conversation that occurred? Oh the vulnerability on Michael's part. He needed his parents, and these two wonderful people would move heaven and earth for their kids. (as well as those important to them.) Oh how this scene had the tears flowing.

When Max and Allison arrived to town, I knew things were about to get even more interesting. If you've read any of the stories that feature the OGs of Natasha's hockey series, then you know how those characters are! So when Max and Allison rolled into town WITH Matthew Grant in tow, I had to laugh. Every moment that happened at Michael's condo had me laughing. Allison was full of one liners. Max and Matthew were equally as chirpy. It was FANTASTIC. Then when Jillian arrived? Oh the emotions flowed again. Especially with how she was quickly pulled into the fold. She was a Horton now. Maybe not in name, but it doesn't matter. She and baby were family. And a Horton takes care of what is theirs.

Then there's Julia, Jillian's protective twin sister. She is an amazing side character with many witty comebacks. When she is paired up with Alex Horton, it was even better. Those two sisters were fantastic together. I look forward to seeing more of that in the future. Julia better be a staple character in Alex's book

"They are making out on the couch."
"Looks hot and heavy. Should I break it up?"
"She's already pregnant. He can't do more damage than that."

Oh, oh, oh, I almost forgot....When Jillian and Julia found out that Max Horton is Michael's dad? The tears started falling again. I'm not saying anything more than that. You'll have to read the book to find out that connection.

Absolutely loved Jillian and Michael's story. It managed to squeak another book out of first place, and earned the title of my December favorite. This next generation of Grants, Stones, Hortons is just going to keep pulling at my heartstrings. I am completely here for it. There may only be two books left in the Only One series, but oh how I hope Natasha just creates another spin off. Hey I can dream!

Thank you Matthew Grant for continuing to be who you are. 🤣  You wonderful, caring caveman. Also seeing Michael exhibit similar traits as the other men in this family was golden.

Oh, and Natasha Madison...That little line at the end of the first epilogue? ARE YOU TRYING TO TORTURE ME WITH THAT? Oh the tie-in.

 

"It was only a little mistake."
"Nah. It was something so irresistible."

If you've read the Something SO series, then you might know that book title she threw in there. Ahh, my heart.

Only One Mistake was a 5 star read for me. There was not one question in my head about it. Oh this book. This series! Highly recommend.

Thank you for reading my thoughts on Only One Mistake. I hope you choose to read the book, and fall for the characters like I have.

Laura
Cover Design: Jay Aheer


Michael Horton

Being traded after fighting with your coach on air isn’t exactly a good look.

With one mistake under my belt, I knew I needed to focus on the game, and nothing else.

But everything changed when I went to pick up my nieces and came face to face with my very pregnant one-night stand from six months ago.

Jillian

Two pink lines changed all my plans.

So did the guy I had a one-night stand with, a man who made me laugh and smile, a guy who I called to share my unexpected news with only to find out his number was no longer in service.

Once more let down by the opposite sex I figured I was doing this on my own.

Then one day I was staring into the eyes of the man I hated, the father of my baby.

All it took is only one mistake to change everything.


Grab your copy HERE!
Add to your Goodreads TBR!


Meet Natasha Madison 


When her nose isn't buried in a book, or her fingers flying across a keyboard writing, she's in the kitchen creating gourmet meals. You can find her, in four inch heels no less, in the car chauffeuring kids, or possibly with her husband scheduling his business trips. It's a good thing her characters do what she says, because even her Labrador doesn't listen to her...

Connect with Natasha Madison



Hosted By:
Thank you to Natasha Madison, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with an advanced copy of Only One Mistake.