Friday, January 7, 2022

Shattered Desires by Victoria Ellis {a review}

Shattered Desires, by Victoria Ellis, is the second book in the Reckless Desires series, and takes place a year after the band left Hellfire Records. Get ready for the love triangle between Declan, Kade, and Spence. There is a lot of history with this trio, and it's not all good.

As the story begins, it's Declan's wedding day! She and Lucas are preparing for their happily ever after. Never mind the fact that Declan is having second thoughts. Still she heads down the aisle, and the ceremony begins. All is going well until a man shouts that he objects, and that Declan cannot marry Lucas. Yeah, that happened. That objection was all Declan needed to call off the wedding and run. Jump forward a bit, and the band is all meeting at the HQ for Rebellion Records. In walks Spence Reid. He's friend with all the band members, and has just been hired as their photographer. Declan is happy to see him, but he also has her on edge. She loves this man. She always has. But those feelings are not mutual. A few days later, Kane Reid arrives back in town, and is in need of a job. Spence inquires on his behalf, and Declan says he can be security for Miller. She wants nothing to do with Kane. He broke her heart, and she doesn't know why he ended their relationship. Obviously she's still not over it. What happens next is a whirlwind of a tour, an issue with Declan's mom, a couple of fights with the brothers, a few shared kisses, truth being revealed, heartache, tension, pain, and ultimately a reunion. It's quite the journey for Declan to get her happily ever after.

Note from the author: Please note that this book has trigger warnings for self-harm. If this is not something that you are comfortable reading about, please put this book down.

Shattered Desires was the first love triangle that I had read in years. The last was either Hunger Games or maybe even Twilight. I know. I KNOW! Pushing that information aside, I loved this story. I loved the tension, the drama, the moment when it was revealed why Kane left, the steam, the love, just all of it. I was grabbing for my kindle whenever I had a spare moment, and could not wait to find out what happened next. The storyline with Declan's mom I was a bit hesitant about. I can't lie. I wasn't certain why that tidbit of information was necessary, until it was, and that scene happened. My heart was definitely pumping during that. (nothing bad I promise.) Then there's Kane. That man is still a bit of a mystery to me. I didn't fully understand his game plan, or what his intentions truly were. So I struggled there. But he definitely brought the drama, as well as pieces of the truth. Of course he also brought his love for Declan. His feelings were still strong, and he didn't want to wait any longer. Spence intrigued me. He and Declan had this close bond as they had been friends forever. That friendship wasn't as easy while Declan and Kane were together, but it was still there. So seeing them reunite felt like coming home. Their friendship was able to rebuild, and these two halves were back together. There were a couple of scenes in this book where my jaw hit the ground. The first was when the truth was revealed, and the second was after Declan and Kane left together. I still haven't fully recovered from that scene. There was so much heartache and pain after that happened. Oh my heart.

Victoria Ellis has created this amazing band, and I cannot turn away. I am part of the Reckless Desires fan club, and I am not leaving. Bordeaux, Declan, Miller, and Flynn have been through a lot in their lives, and their journey toward their happily ever afters is definitely not easy.

Oh, that set up for Miller's story? Yes please! I cannot wait to see how that impacts his life, as well as that of the band.

If you are ready for rockstar romance that features the enemies to lovers, friends to lovers, second chance romance tropes, and also has a love triangle, then go grab Shattered Desires now! You don't need to read Reckless Desires before hand, but aspects from that book are weaved into this one.

Thank you for taking time to read my thoughts,

Laura

Cover Design: Cady Verdiramo @ Cruel Ink Editing & Design


๐ƒ๐„๐‚๐‹๐€๐ ๐‘๐Ž๐“๐‡๐’๐‚๐‡๐ˆ๐‹๐ƒ

My ex leaving me might have shattered my heart—If I wasn’t secretly in love with his brother.

It’s forbidden, but it’s hard to deny the connection the two of us have always shared…

Especially when he’s thrust back into my life and working alongside my band as our photographer.

And did I mention—My ex is back, too…And he’s our newest security detail.

๐‘€๐‘ฆ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘œ๐‘“๐‘“๐‘–๐‘๐‘–๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™๐‘ฆ ๐‘ ๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘‘.

๐’๐๐„๐๐‚๐„ ๐‘๐„๐ˆ๐ƒ

Declan has always been off-limits. I may have seen her first—But my brother, Kade, laid his claim on her when we were still in high school.

I never meant to fall in love with her. I’ve always done right by my brother, refusing to make a move on her, even after he left her without so much as a goodbye.

But being back in Chicago and working with her? There’s not a damn chance I’ll stay away from her this time.

I’ll give it to him. Kade has impeccable timing. He’s back and threatening to ruin my second chance with her before it even gets started—

๐‘€๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘š๐‘Ž๐‘› ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘›.

๐‘๐„๐‚๐Š๐‹๐„๐’๐’ ๐ƒ๐„๐’๐ˆ๐‘๐„๐’

The band is back, and this time, they’ve got total creative control.

No longer under Hellfire records, they’ve started their own label and they’re embarking on their first tour on their own.

This time, though, they won’t all make it back to the city alive.

๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐›๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ค, ๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ ๐ ๐จ๐จ๐๐›๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ.

Nothing will ever be the same.



Grab Your Copy Here!

Add Shattered Desires to your Goodreads TBR!

Want to read more from the band?

Start with Bordeaux's story!
and then stay tuned for these upcoming releases!


February 4, 2022

Goodreads | Pre-Order

March 7, 2022

Goodreads | Pre-Order




Meet Victoria Ellis


Victoria Ellis started out writing primarily thrillers but slowly transitioned into both poetry and contemporary romance. 

Now, she is a multi-genre author that publishes Psychological Thrillers, Suspense, and Romance novels. She is also the author of two poetry collections.

 

Victoria has a penname, Gemma Stone, for her upcoming romance novels that she plans on releasing. It was important to her to separate romance from thrillers. Be on the lookout for more Gemma Stone news in 2021 and 2022!

 

Victoria is the founder of Cruel Ink Publishing, LLC.

 

She resides near Chicago, Illinois with her husband, newborn daughter, and an abundance of animals.

 

Connect with Victoria Ellis

Website | Newsletter | Instagram | Goodreads | Amazon Author Page | Reader Group | BookBub | Facebook 



Hosted By:

Thank you to Victoria Ellis, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with an advanced review copy of Shattered Desires.