Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Sincerely the Puck Bunny by Maren Moore {a review}


Sincerely the Puck Bunny is the second book in the Totally Pucked series from author Maren Moore! We met Briggs in Change on the Fly, and well he didn't leave such a favorable first impression. But don't fret my friends, that is going to change in Sincerely the Puck Bunny.

Briggs Wilson has had a tough few year. From family drama to off ice antics, he's been through the ringer. Not helping matters is this anonymous blogger called The Puck Bunny. She keeps posting about his life, and he's had it. When news comes out that Beau Wilson is going to be a dad, Briggs has had it. His agent arranges a quick trip out of town for him to just relax. When he arrives at the B&B, he is bowled over by a woman. Literally. She runs into him as she walks in the building with enough force to knock him down. That woman would be Maddison Thorne. Needless to say Maddison makes quite the impression on Briggs. From that point a weekend tryst is had with the couple not seeing each other again. Heck they never even shared last names, or any contact info. But Maddison did know who Briggs was, so she had a little unfair advantage. Flash forward nine months later...Maddison is getting closer to her due date. She still thinks about Briggs from time to time, but he's made his thoughts known regarding her and the pregnancy. Briggs wants nothing to do with her. Or at least that's what she was told. It isn't until she runs into Briggs that she finds out otherwise. Can these two reconnect and have a relationship? Or would it be best to just coparent their daughter? When will she tell Briggs that she's the writer behind The Puck Bunny blog? How will he respond?

OH THIS BOOK!

Now I'll be honest, the accidental pregnancy trope isn't my favorite. Will I still read it? Oh absolutely I will!  That being said, I don't go searching for books that fit the trope. 

I wasn't certain what to think about Briggs at first, or at least not after having read Change on the Fly. I had this image in my head, and it wasn't flattering. 
How everything transpired with Maddison though, that kept my attention. I found myself wondering how their relationship was going to work out, AND when her secret was going to be revealed. Once it was, how would Briggs handle that? How would they overcome that to achieve their HEA?

I was so glad when Maddison found herself a few girlfriends to talk things through with. Those women took her under their wings, and made sure that Maddison knew they were there for HER. Yes they were friends with Briggs too, but they were focusing on her. Then there's the teammates of Briggs. Oh those men. They just grabbed my heart. Especially with how much they loved Olive. 

I was proud of Briggs when he met with his Mom. He was taking steps forward all while laying down boundaries. Much respect to him. I would have loved a follow up on what happened next in the relationship with his parents after that entire scene was over. Especially with the words Maddison spoke. Oh to be a fly on the wall after they left.

When the reveal finally happened, I was expecting a bit more. To me it was a bit tame. Yes I know it doesn't need to be explosive. It doesn't need to be over the top in dramatics. But with the way it was built up, and how much Briggs detests that blog, it was underwhelming. I guess I just had this scene built into my head, and it didn't match what came out. So that is why I say it wasn't what I wanted. I will say that I appreciate how they communicated, and how their relationship bounced back from the secret. 

Maren Moore knows what she's doing, and took me through the paces with our couple. It was so good. Also, this story has me curious about Graham! Which is perfect since his story is rumored to be next in the series!

You need to go read Sincerely the Puck Bunny! You won't regret it.
Laura




Spoiler alert…Briggs Wilson, the NHL’s most notorious bad boy isn’t actually who everyone thinks he is.

He’s kind, compassionate, loyal.

And plot twist?

The best baby daddy ever.

Yep, you read that right.

One night.. One mind blowing night that ended with me having a baby with someone I barely knew.

We had a plan.

Co-parent, raise our son and put him first. Always.

Too bad I never considered actually falling for my charming baby daddy.

Even better?

He wanted our family, more than anything.

The problem?

I have a secret.

One that could destroy everything.

Sincerely,
The Puck Bunny



Order it Now!

Add to your Goodreads TBR!



Where to find Maren Moore

Facebook | Reader Group | Instagram | Goodreads |Amazon


Hosted by




Thank you to Maren Moore, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with an advanced review copy of Sincerely the Puck Bunny.