Wednesday, February 9, 2022

The Plan by Karla Sorensen {a review}

The Plan by Karla Sorensen is the age gap, falling for your bodyguard romance you didn't know you needed! It was so good, and I could not put it down.

In this book we have Lydia. She is a social media influencer, and her parents are also well known in the NFL. So she has a following from that as well. Lydia was recently in a car accident, and she's definitely feeling some social anxiety, and is just really uncertain. Enter Erik Wilder. Erik is a former professional football player who is currently working as a bodyguard. Lydia's dad approaches him about the potential of guarding her. Erik isn't so certain on this, but goes for it anyway. Lydia finally gets wind of what is happening, and she is LIVID. This isn't going to happen. Erik will not be her bodyguard. That is until Erik asks her to walk him out, and he convinces her to take his card. He knows this bombshell has just been dropped on her, and so he isn't surprised by her reaction. Fast forward a little bit, and after an early morning conversation with her dad, Lydia decides to go for it. She wasn't expecting to feel comfortable around him. She wasn't expecting it to be fun to push his buttons. She definitely wasn't expecting to fall for him.

I went into The Plan knowing what the description told me. I knew football was involved, and I love me a sports romance. So obviously I went into this book feeling good. When I discovered it was a grumpy-sunshine romance, that just made it even better.

I so enjoyed reading this book. I found myself really enjoying who Lydia is, and the passion she has for football. Not only that, but the fact that she is so willing to help others expand their social media presence just felt so good.

Now don't get me wrong, there were times that Erik annoyed me a bit. I don't fully understand why he was holding back his story. Especially since it seemed like he and Lydia were getting closer. So it would be natural to share that info. I understand he has been hurt in the past, but you can tell he is falling for her, so you think he'd be comfortable opening up.

Doesn't really matter though because these two characters roped me in, and had me unable to put the book down. I had to see how they achieved their HEA, and how Lydia's dad would handle it all. Plus I really wanted the scoop on Ian, and what the issue was between him and Erik.

Also, I freaking loved Erik's family. They just seem amazing. I'd love to have a series that just focuses on all the Wilder family finding their happily ever afters. Speaking of series, this one isn't tied to the Washington Wolves series, but it definitely could fit in there. Especially since Lydia's parents were the main characters of The Bombshell Effect, which is book 1 in the Washington Wolves series.

So dang good! Highly recommend. I gave it 4 stars on Goodreads. It maybe could be a 4.5, but right now I'm sticking with my solid 4. Whether you like age gap romances, sports romances, bodyguard romances, or the grumpy-sunshine trope, you need to go grab this new release! Thank you for taking time to read my thoughts. I greatly appreciate it.

Laura

Cover Designer: Najla Qamber Design
Photographer: Wander Aguiar
Interior Design: Champagne Book Design

Have you ever fake dated your bodyguard? I don't recommend it. 

 

Especially if he's anything like Erik Wilder: former football player, world class know-it-all and unapologetic grump. 

 

To be clear, I didn't want a bodyguard (hence the fake dating idea). Most days, I can’t figure out why he wants the job either. We drive each other insane, probably because we’re as opposite as two people can be. 

 

He’s suspicious, never talks about his past and has the comfort skills of a cactus. I’m a happily ever after kinda girl who knows exactly what she wants out of life. 

 

Erik’s words might say that the lines have to stay firm between us, but those dark eyes of his? They tell another story when he looks at me. 

 

He’s just as stubborn as I am, but when our fake dating plan starts to feel a lot more real, it's only a matter of time before his professional walls come crashing down.  


I just have to hope my heart doesn't get buried in the rubble.


 

Grab Your Copy Here!



Meet Karla Sorensen

Well, let’s see ... I’m a wife and a mother. If the things that I write bring a smile to someone's face, then I've done my job.  


I am obsessed with Outlander (both the books and the show). I’m almost exclusively a romance reader, which means some people will never consider me a literary snob. 


If I could meet one historical figure, it would be Jane Austen. I received my Bachelors in Public Relations and worked in health care marketing before I had my babies. 


I hate Twitter. I do it, but I hate it. Also, if you want to get on my good side, bring me wine and I'll love you forever. 


Connect with Karla Sorensen

Website | NewsletterFacebook | Instagram | Twitter | Amazon Author Page | Goodreads | BookBub | Reader Group


Hosted By:
Thank you to Karla Sorenson, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with an advanced review copy of The Plan.