Monday, March 14, 2022

Big Deck Energy by Kim Loraine {a review}


Big Deck Energy, the second book in the Anything For Love series from Kim Loraine, is now available! If you are someone who enjoys hockey romances, then run and grab this book! Big Deck Energy features a strong heroine, a hero with a hot AF British accent, and lots of flirty banter.

If you read The Baby Proposition, then you may recall the teaser for Big Deck Energy. How Becca downloaded a new dating app for Elyse to use, and upon seeing a picture of a guys abs, as well as taking note of his username, Elyse sent off a fiery message. She essentially took all of her frustrations with the male population out on @BigDeckEnergy. This lead to frequent conversations, and was the start of a friendship. These two had gotten under each other's skin, and there was an attraction building. Even though they had yet to meet in person.

Ethan and Elyse's story was so dang good! From their initial online meeting, to the phone conversations, to finally meeting up in person, and to a relationship forming. I loved it all. There was not one moment in this book that had me saying "no thanks". From cover to cover, I could not put this book down. The banter between Elyse and Ethan had me literally laughing out loud. The one liners were flying, and it just made my heart swell.

Then there was the fact that we were able to reconnect with Maverick and Clara Wilde. That had me giddy. I love those characters! I knew they would be making an appearance in the series, but I wasn't certain to what extent. Now I know, and it was perfection. While I would have preferred to have more of Maverick in the story, I do love Clara. So her taking those scenes was just as good.

Let's talk about the moment of conflict between Elyse and Ethan. I saw it coming. I did. But that didn't diminish my love of the story one bit. It was interesting to walk through that moment with the characters, and then see how they made their way through that rough patch.

Also, I just need to mention the scene where Elyse mentions Harry Styles. That had me rolling. I do love me some Harry Styles so I always appreciate when he is brought into my stories.

I cannot wait to see how the Anything For Love series continues to play out. The next book, The Marriage Arrangement, has sparked my curiosity, and I am anticipating the release of that book. (whenever it may be released.) Fake relationships tend to draw me in.

Thank you for taking time to read my thoughts on Big Deck Energy. I hope you will go read this hockey romance, and fall for the characters just like I did. 
Laura

PS: Yes, every time I wrote out Big Deck Energy, I wanted to replace the vowel on Deck. I can't help it.

Cover Design: TE Black Designs
Photography: Wander Aguiar
Model: Andrew Biernat


A sexy, mistaken-identity, forbidden sports romance!

After my last romance turned into a dumpster fire, I did the only reasonable thing–I swore off men for all of eternity. So my bestie said she did the only reasonable thing–she signed me up for a freaking dating app. I thought it was a joke. But after too many martinis, I committed a cardinal sin. I slid into the DMs of the first eye-roll inducing profile I found – @BigDeckEnergy.

With a name like that, how could I resist giving him a piece of my mind?

I never expected him to write back. I also never expected to like him.

His body? Sexy as hell.
Handle? Cocky.
Accent? Did I mention he’s British?
Personality? Funny, sweet, and witty.

Everything was falling into place until it all came crashing down and I remembered why I’d written off dating in the first place. Because Ethan Byrne wasn’t just @BigDeckEnergy. He was a pro hockey player. #41, the center for the Seattle Cyclones, to be exact. He also happened to be my brand new client, and completely off-limits.

Too bad I already knew exactly how big his deck really was.


Order NOW!
Amazon | Kobo | Nook | Google Play | Apple

Listen to Shane East and Stella Hunter narrate the story on Audible!

Add to your Goodreads TBR!

Meet Kim Loraine



Kim Loraine was raised a Navy brat but spent most of her life growing up in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. A proper Washingtonian, she's addicted to coffee, doesn't let a little rain ruin her day, and thinks the sun is a gift from God. When not chasing her three little minions around, Kim spends her time writing, reading, and binge watching Doctor Who.

Connect with Kim


Hosted by:
Thank you to Kim Loraine, and Candi Kane PR, for providing me with an advanced review copy of Big Deck Energy.