Thursday, March 24, 2022

Tight Fit by Lisa Suzanne {a review}


Tight Fit, the third book in the Vegas Aces: The Tight End series from Lisa Suzanne, is now available! If you've read the Tight Spot and Tight Hold, then chances are you've been anticipating this release! Or maybe that's just me. I am beyond excited for this entire series.

Now this is a continuation, so I can't say much about the premise of the book. What I can say is that there is plenty of drama, even more steam, and a trip to Montana. That's all I can say. I know! I KNOW! I'm sorry!

I will lead my review/thoughts with this: Tight Fit is my favorite of the series so far!

Ben and Kaylee were spectacular in Tight Fit. Getting to see Ben relax a bit, and Kaylee find a place that feels like home was just the best. It was also nice to see Ben let his guard down a bit, and reveal some things to Kaylee. Escaping to Montana was just these two needed. Not only did they draw closer to each other, but they learned about each other also. I could see these two making that house their forever place.

"When you love somebody, you love all of them. Past and present, history and scars and all. You know how I feel about a lot of things, but sometimes it's hard to read you  because you're so afraid of letting anybody in. It's okay to let me in, Ben."


Oh, and Grandma Jean? LOVE HER! She definitely dropped some truth bombs on the couple, and it was things they both needed to hear. She spoke with love. She spoke with experience. She spoke to both of them in the ways that they needed. Grandma Jean knows Ben in and out. She knows his struggles, his demons, and his past. But she can also read Kaylee perfectly, and was able to get into her thoughts a bit regarding her dreams and wishes.

Of course there was also drama in this book, which is to be expected. The one piece of drama I wasn't surprised about who was behind it. I saw that one coming. The other though had my jaw drop ever so slightly. BUT I can see the motivation behind why it all went down the way it did.

Here in my home, we find peace. We make up after we fight. We're open and honest with one another--with what we want and with what we need. We're isolated in solitude, and when it's just the two of us, everything is pretty damn near perfect.

But as soon as we leave this sanctuary, reality storms back in.

I feel like a set up for an announcement will happen soon, and it will rock our characters causing even more drama. I need to read Tight Laced to see if I'm correct! I'm not talking about the announcement that was hinted at either. That one I see happening. The other though, if it is what I think it is, is going to be a forever situation.

I gave Tight Fit 5 stars over on Goodreads, and on BookBub! Maybe it was the fact that this story is continuing to build, and I can see how things will play out. Maybe it is the fact that I am so drawn in, and feel connected to the characters, that I am just that hopeful. In all reality, it's Lisa Suzanne's ability to write a story that has captivated me. Her storytelling feels like a tv mini series, and I'm here for it. I want to tune in each and every "week" to see what happens next with our characters. To see how they work through their issues, through the drama, and ultimately find their happily ever after.

Thank you for taking time to read my thoughts on Tight Fit. I truly hope that you will pick up the entire Vegas Aces collection, and fall for these characters the way I have. It truly does read like a soap opera at times. (Especially seasons 1 and 2 with the Michelle drama.)

Laura
Cover Design: Najla Qamber Designs

It’s okay to admit I’m scared.

Outside forces are working hard to tear us apart, but we’ve teamed up against them. It’s the internal struggles we’re battling that could spell the ultimate end.

When Ben makes a public show to prove how committed we are, I’m left confused as I struggle to figure out whether his feelings for me are real or if they’re part of the act.

As we spend time at his secluded estate in Montana, I start to question whether there’s really an expiration date stamped on our relationship or if we could actually find a way to make this work.

We were all wrong for each other from the start, but together we’re a tight fit. As he lets me in on the secrets of his past, I fear it’s those very secrets that have the power to tear us apart.

TIGHT FIT is the third book in the VEGAS ACES: THE TIGHT END series. This series must be read in order.


🏈One Click Tight Fit NOW!🏈

Add Tight Fit to your Goodreads TBR!


Meet Lisa Suzanne


Lisa Suzanne is a romance author who resides in Arizona with her husband and two kids. 

She’s a former high school English teacher and college composition instructor. 

When she's not chasing her kids, she can be found working on her latest book or watching reruns of Friends.  


Connect with Lisa Suzanne


Hosted by: 
Thank you to Lisa Suzanne, and Wordsmith Publicity, for providing me with an advanced review copy of Tight Fit.