Friday, April 22, 2022

The Secrets to Heartbreak by Brittany Taylor {a review}


Are you like me, and loved The Rules of Heartbreak by Brittany Taylor? Did the tension between Colton and Vada catch your attention? If they piqued your curiosity, then you need to pick up The Secrets to Heartbreak. This latest installment of the Heartbreak series will fill you in on everything you need to know regarding Vada and Colton's relationship. Plus it's the brother's best friend trope, so you know that sold me!

Going into The Secrets to Heartbreak I was a bit nervous. I LOVED The Rules of Heartbreak, and I wasn't sure how Colton and Vada's story would go. As nervous as I was, I was also excited to dive in, and find out everything that happened. I had to know what these secrets were!

The Secrets to Heartbreak did not disappoint. Colton and Vada's story was fabulous. Every single moment of it I enjoyed. Even the part where I wanted to smack some sense into Colton's parents. I honestly cannot think of a single moment that rubbed me the wrong way or had me not enjoying the book. I mean was Colton's dad the literal worst? Yes, but we have to love to hate someone!

This book had steamy moments. It had emotional moments. It had me wondering what was going to happen next! Basically I fell hard for these characters, and their story. Of course I also loved that we were able to reconnect with Dallas and Sloan as well.

Ryan's storyline tugged on the heartstrings quite a bit. Even more so when things were revealed down the line. Honestly I'd love to have a short story about what happened between Ryan and his love interest, and why that was kept so hush hush.

Back to the dads for a moment. I do find myself wondering about them. Colton dad is problematic to say the least. Whereas Vada's just doesn't seem to exist. And so they piqued my curiosity a bit. I can't help but think of Colton's dad and what his end game was with that big dramatic moment. It just doesn't make sense in my mind. Again though it gave me a character that I loved to hate. So there's that. I was hoping for Vada and Dallas's dad to make an appearance so we could see first hand the relationship (or lack there of) that he has with his kids.

Like I said above, I loved this story and the characters. From the small town setting, to my favorite trope being front and center, to the familial issues, it just all was so good. Now that Colton and Vada's story has wrapped, I am beyond ready for Cassidy's story! I feel like it is going to be a doozy. 

Highly suggest you read The Secrets to Heartbreak. It is a good story featuring my favorite trope, and there is plenty of drama happening throughout the book. Plus who doesn't like to be let in on secrets?

Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts on The Secrets to Heartbreak. I hope you'll check out this latest addition to Brittany Taylor's library.

Happy Reading,
Laura



 Secrets aren't meant to be kept forever.


Colton Adler was one hundred percent off limits up until the night we shared together nearly two years ago. Both of us forged a deal between illicit touches and unrelenting kisses.

A secret.

A promise. 

A vow made to one another that we would never be anything more than the one night.

Regardless of the feelings I still harbored for him, I understood Colton could never truly be mine.

Since then, we’ve kept our secret buried deep, pretending as if it never happened at all.

But now, after attending my brother’s wedding, Colton was a flashing wave of hot and cold. One minute he was teetering on the edge of giving in to false promises of a forever with me; the next he retreated, reminding me once again that I would never truly be his.

Secrets aren’t meant to be kept forever and it didn’t take long for me to learn I wasn’t Colton’s only one.


Order Your Copy Here!


Add to your Goodreads TBR List!



Meet Brittany Taylor


Brittany Taylor grew up all over the world including places such as California, England and Texas. Today she resides in Connecticut with her husband, son and two cats. She loves reading, but loves writing even more. 

Her favorite things in life are her family, binge watching Netflix, and tacos. 


Brittany Taylor has been obsessed with reading since kindergarten. She followed her lifelong dream in 2017 when she published her first novel, Without You. Ever since, she's been hooked and can't write the stories in her head fast enough


Connect with Brittany Taylor

Website | Newsletter | Facebook | Amazon Author Page | Goodreads | Instagram | BookBub | TikTok


Hosted By

Thank you to Brittany Taylor, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with an advanced review copy of The Secrets to Heartbreak.