Wednesday, May 4, 2022

The Comic Con by Dee Lagasse {a review}


The Comic Con is the brand new book from Dee Lagasse! This is the first book in the Suffra-Jette series, and it was absolutely fabulous. If you are someone who is into fandoms and/or comic books, then you need to grab this one. In many ways it gives off vibes of Fangirl, Geekerella, and Spoiler Alert. So if you've read any of those books, and enjoyed them, then I highly recommend The Comic Con!

Here’s what you can expect from The Comic Con: 

· A sassy plus size
comic book creator

· A hot AF Hollywood
heartthrob

· All the laughs and
just as many feels

· To feel empowered and
worthy (because you are!)

Hold on to your hats my friends, we are headed to the set of Suffra-Jette! Here we will catch up with the team behind Suffra-Jette, and the cast of the upcoming movie. We will witness them going through the filming process, bonds being built with fellow actors, and the budding relationship between Birdie and Atticus. What starts as a PR stunt quickly changes as feelings grow. But when things get rocky, can their relationship survive?

I freaking loved this book! It is wonderfully geeky, and every single moment of it had me unable to put the book down. I gave it 5 stars, and am looking forward to the next in the series. Plus that cover is stunning. I love the comic strip boxes in the background and the "simple" character art.

Atticus and Birdie are adorkably cute together, and while their relationship started off as a PR stunt, it didn't take long for things to change. Both of them were falling hard and fast. The big dramatic moment had the tears welling up, and my heart was breaking for our characters. I also found myself wanting to hug that puppy! Parker the husky stole my heart.

I loved how Atticus was determined to show Birdie what romance can be like with the right person. How he stepped up time and time again, as he woo'd her. From the dates they went on, to the volunteering, to him stepping up when it truly mattered. Not only that but hearing what he had done before filming even began, speaks to the man that he is. It's not all about him, and I love that. Birdie was equally as wonderful. She is a talented woman who has created this character that has touched many people. Not only that but she continues to give back to a cause that is near and dear to her heart. She loves her family and friends. She fights for what she wants. Yet at the same time, she goes off her gut and gets stuck there. That tends to backfire on her.

The dramatic moment had me on the edge of my seat! Watching all that unfold, and then the effects that were lingering days later, just tugged on the heartstrings. Then once the moment of conflict kicked in, I fully admit that I shed a few tears. My heart was breaking on behalf of our characters.

This series is one that I am going to keep my eye on, because I know I'm going to love each and every book that is created. All of the characters have me intrigued, and I find myself wondering what the future holds for each of them.

Dee Lagasse has created a wonderful book here in The Comic Con. From the characters, to the setting, to the storyline, I was all in. I was captivated, and could not put the book down. I've since read the short story called Nova, and loved that. It felt like a tease, but showed me how much I have come to love these characters in such a short time. I am looking forward to The Art of Us being released because I need to know what happens next for this team of creative women. Plus it will allow us to see Birdie and Atticus as side characters, which then gives us a peek into their life together.

Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts on The Comic Con by Dee Lagasse. Obviously I loved this book, and I am hoping that you'll pick up a copy. 

Happy Reading,
Laura



Birdie Yamamoto has lived in a fantasy world for as long as she can remember.

When she was a young child, she buried herself in comic books. As a teenager, she created stories of her own. Now she has her dream job, as a series writer for Suffra-Jette -- her very own comic.

Atticus Cohen has perfected the art of pretending to be someone he’s not.

The rising Hollywood actor lands the role of a lifetime – a lead in the latest big budget superhero movie: Suffra-Jette. The rigorous workouts, grueling schedule, and relentless press are all things he expects when he takes the job.

What he doesn’t expect is comic creator, Birdie Yamamoto, to have an opinion about everything he says or does.

When word spreads about the trouble on set, fans of the beloved comic begin to worry about the outcome of the movie.

Birdie and Atticus may not always be on the same page, but they both want the movie to succeed. So when Birdie’s best friend suggests they pretend to date to save the movie, they agree.

After all, it’s just a publicity stunt to spin the bad press.

…Until it isn’t anymore.


Grab Your 
Copy Here

Free in KU


Add to your Goodreads TBR!



Meet Dee Lagasse





Dee Lagasse is a mom of three from New England.

When she's not writing, Dee can be found stalking The Royal Family, reading Marvel comics, or harassing her husband to reach something on the top shelf.



Connect with Dee Lagasse

Website | Newsletter | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Amazon Author Page | Goodreads | BookBub | Facebook Reader Group



Hosted by:

Thank you to Dee Lagasse, and Wildfire Marketing Solutions, for providing me with an advanced review copy of The Comic Con.


What Laura's Reading participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, and as an Amazon Associate I earn a commission through purchases made using my links.