Monday, July 11, 2022

Mid Year Freak Out {book tag}




We are somehow half way through 2022. I'm not liking how quickly this year is flying by, and I would greatly appreciate it if time would slow down. You know except for when I am excited for a book to be released, as then I want it immediately.

Since it is halfway through the year, that means it is time for the Mid Year Freak Out book tag. If you've been around any bookish social media, then chances are you're familiar with this tag. I know I've noticed content on bookstagram, booktube, and book blogs. I haven't noticed it going around booktok, but it very well could be. This is my third year participating in the book tag. Here are the links for my 2020 and 2021 answers, if you'd like to read.


Thank you for taking time to read my mid year freakout. I greatly appreciate it.
Laura



Now let's get to the Q&A part of the mid year freakout!



1) How many books have you read so far?

105 as of June 30


2) Favorite books of 2022

Now I could do this as my favorite of each month, or I could do this as my 5 star reads. I'm going to go with my favorite of each month.

January: Break Me Down by Nola Marie
February: Edge of Redemption by Kristin Turnage
March: Shed My Skin by Nola Marie
April: Caught Looking by Aven Ellis
May: Obsession by K Loraine and Meg Anne
June: Possession by K Loraine and Meg Anne


3) Favorite Sequels of 2022

The majority of these listed are the second book in the series, and book 1 ended on a cliffhanger. So it just makes sense that they'd be my favorite sequels. There is one though that is a standalone in an interconnected series. 

Green Envy by Aleatha Romig (Sin #2)
Reap by Caitlyn Dare (Red Ridge Sinners #2)
Tight Hold by Lisa Suzanne (Vegas Aces: The Tight End #2)
Bright Like Midnight by Julia Wolf (Savage U #2)
Rejection by K Loraine and Meg Anne (The Mate Games #2)
Twisted Truths by Gina Azzi (Second Chance Chicago #2)


4) New Releases I haven't read, but want to

I've done a fairly decent job of staying on top of the new releases that I've wanted to read. There is a small handful that I missed though, and I'll be remedying that ASAP.

Starry-Eyed Love by Helena Hunting
Love on the Lake by Helena Hunting
Everything for You by Chloe Liese
He Saved My Boy by Amanda Shelley


5) Most anticipated releases for the second half of 2022

The Sky at Night by Samantha Lovelock
Mine to Hold by Natasha Madison
Defy by Caitlyn Dare
Unraveling Mack Ryder by Anna Brooks
Temptation by K Loraine and Meg Anne
My Fake Fiancé by Piper Rayne
Sinful Queen by Emily Bowie
Bitter Sweet Heart by Helena Hunting
Lord of the Manor by Aven Ellis
Mine to Cherish by Natasha Madison
Mine to Love by Natasha Madison
Queen by S Massery
Wounded Things by Samantha Lovelock (this isn't a guaranteed release for 2022, just my wishful thinking.)




6) Biggest Surprise

Like I Never Said by CW Farnsworth




7) Biggest Disappointment

I have 2 DNF's, but I'm not going to name names. Both books though were anticipated reads that didn't pan out.


8) Favorite New Authors

2022 has been the year of repeat authors for me. There are only 4 that are new to me.

CW Farnsworth
S Massery
JS Wood
Dee Lagasse


9) New Fictional Crushes

Well I mean have you met Kora, Jace, Apollo, and Wolfe from Sterling Falls? That quartet is amazing.  Then there also is Sunday, Kingston, Caleb, Noah, and Alek who are all equally as amazing. You need to meet them at Ravenscroft


10) New Favorite Characters

Sunday, Kingston, Caleb, Noah, and Alek from The Mate Games series. Kim Loraine and Meg Anne have come together to create this story that has grabbed ahold of me, and isn't letting go.







11) Book that made you cry

The Edge of Redemption by Kristin Turnage
Shed My Skin by Nola Marie
Break Me Down by Nola Marie
Only One Forever by Natasha Madison
Mine to Kiss by Natasha Madison
Mine to Have by Natasha Madison
Lisa Suzanne made me cry too during Vegas Aces: The Tight End series. 


12) Book that made you happy

Just about every book has made me happy. They may have broken my heart in the process, but ultimately (with the exception of my 2 DNFs) I am a happy camper at the end of each book.

And I completely realize that is avoiding the question.


13) Favorite Book to Film adaptation

I  haven't read any, or watched any films.

(Seriously the only films I've watched have been animated ones that I've taken my kids to in the theater.)



14) Beautiful Cover

The Boneyard Kings trilogy immediately came to mind.







15) What book do you need to read before the end of 2022?

Technically none. Seriously.

That being said, if I could clear out my outstanding reads from NetGalley, I'd be good to go.



How would you answer these questions? What has been your favorite book? Any favorite new authors?