Monday, September 19, 2022

Monthly Wrap Up {June}

June was the month that brought on chaos. My kitchen was still under construction, plus the kids were home for summer break, and everything was just flipped upside down. It was a month, that's for darn sure.


In the month of June, I read 15 books. I did the math and that equated to roughly 3,894 pages. This month I also had a DNF, and I was disappointed about that as the book seemed really interesting. Yet I've since gone back and skimmed the reviews, and it sounds like I wasn't alone in my thought process regarding the book. So there's that. Because of that DNF, my average page count dropped for the month, and it was 259 pages per book.

Typically I would mention tropes I read, and give a quick run down of numbers. Let's just say that June was a heavy sports romance month, and leave it at that. Also when you see my list of books, you'll notice that one author in particular was a frequent flyer. I loved every minute of that too.


This month I only had one 5 star read. Now don't get me wrong, there were a few books that were close to it, but only one received the full 5 stars. That book was....
The Mate Games #3
Kim Loraine and Meg Anne


What was my favorite of the month? 
My favorite was Possession by Kim Loraine and Meg Anne. I continued to be enthralled by the storyline, the setting, and the characters. I had to know what happened next with this group, and I could not put the book down.


Here is the full list of books that I read in June 2022. All of my reviews are linked to my Goodreads account, as nothing was posted here on my blog.

One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston
That Second Chance by Meghan Quinn
The Final Score by Maren Moore
If This Gets Out by Sophie Gonzales and Cale Dietrich
Roughing the Kicker by Emily Silver
Keep Me Close by JH Croix
Possession by Kim Loraine and Meg Anne
Cap by Elise Faber
Broken Play by Alison Rhymes
Off Grid by JS Wood
Broken Lies by Gina Azzi
Saving My Soul by Gina Azzi
Twisted Truths by Gina Azzi
Brawler's Weakness by Gina Azzi

I did not link a review of Saving My Soul by Gina Azzi, as apparently I did not write one. That is not like me, so I'm a bit perplexed. I do know that I enjoyed the story, and the characters called to me. So sorry about that.

There is my list for June! Have you read any of these titles? If so, what were your thoughts on the books?

Laura




What Laura's Reading participates in the Amazon Affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn a commission through purchases made using my links.