Friday, September 23, 2022

My 7 "One Click" Authors



Do you ever read a book, fall in love with everything about it, and then go down the rabbit hole to read EVERYTHING that author has released?


Oh, just me? Okay then.




You see when I do that scenario, those authors tend to become my auto-buy authors. So when they announce a book, I immediately pre-order. IMMEDIATELY! I don't need a description. I don't need to know much, because I know their style. I know what their books are like, and so I go off that. And honestly, it's never been an issue. They announce an idea for a book or series? I’m their biggest cheerleader. I will talk about their books, and/or their characters frequently. I will share their graphics on Facebook. I will like their social media posts, and comment on them. One of my favorite moments though is when a random thought, or a song, brings me back to a moment in one of their books, and then I find that I just have to talk about it. 


These authors have the ability to create these worlds with these characters that are just all encompassing. I find myself wanting to live in these places, and befriend the characters. I just cannot get enough!


Who are my auto-buy authors? I’d love to tell you about them. There are currently 7. I do have three more possibly going on the list, but I want to read more of their backlist before I make that determination.


1) Samantha Lovelock



Samantha has released 5 books to date. The first four were part of the Folkestone Sins series. These are new adult, they have a bit of mystery about them, and there is definitely some suspense. It’s also a bit steamy. I first found out about the series back in January 2021. After reading Fragile Things, I was hooked. I found myself keeping an eye on social media to see when another book would be released. Then came the start of a new series with a book called Cheshire. It is a dark, steamy Alice in Wonderland retelling, and I was instantly obsessed. Samantha is currently working on a few projects, and I am keeping my ear to the ground for release dates and/or teasers. 



2) Kristin Turnage

Website | Facebook | Instagram | TikTok


Kristin currently has 3 books released. They are all part of The Edge series. Which if you read my Small Town Romance Series post, you’ll have seen them mentioned. The Edge of Happiness was her debut, and that story was so emotion filled. I cried numerous times while reading it, and fell hard for the characters. I think I’ve essentially adopted the characters by this point. I’m quite enthusiastic about the books, the characters, the storyline, the setting, and Kristin herself. I've heard rumors that the next book is going to be book 4 in The Edge series (The Edge of Forgiveness), as she has put Afterglow on temporary hold. I am so freaking excited!



3) Paula Dombrowiak


Website | Facebook | Instagram | TikTok


If you are a rockstar romance reader, then you need to check out Paula’s books! All four of her books are part of the Blood & Bone series which tells the story of the former members of the band MOGO. In the beginning I despised Jack. He came across as an ass. My opinion has since changed with him, as everything continues to be unfolded. Paula’s books have this depth. They are passion filled. They are emotional. They hit hard at times. They are these stories that sit with you for a while after as you reflect on these characters. The band has been through A LOT. They’ve lived a wild life, and are just now finding happiness for themselves. I look forward to seeing what Paula comes up with next once the Blood & Bone series is complete. Also, you can feel her love of music coming through with the playlists she creates, and how she incorporates those into her books. Those playlists create quite the vibe.



4) Aven Ellis


Ahh, dear sweet Aven. If you’ve been around since October 2019, then you’ll know that is when I discovered her books, and promptly hammered through her backlog. I read every book that Amazon had to offer. Then joined her Facebook group so I could keep up to date. From Aven’s writing style, to her character building, to her storylines, to the research that she puts in, I was (and still am) enamored. I may have fallen in love with her 3 hockey romances, but baseball and the royals quickly grabbed hold and wouldn’t let go. If you’re in Aven’s Facebook group, then you know how much research she puts into her books. She wants it to be as realistic and authentic as possible, and I just love it. When it comes to her release schedule, Aven averages three to four books per year. Oh, and if you're wondering Holly Johansson is still my favorite character.



5) Natasha Madison

Website | Facebook | Instagram | TikTok


January 2020 is when I first discovered Natasha Madison. I was in my hockey romance obsession, and I stumbled upon Something So Right. Parker and Cooper’s story was intense. It was passionate. Cooper is this professional hockey player who is so dang alpha, and a bit over the top, and I fell hard. That had me cruising through all the hockey books, and then moving into her other works. Now full disclosure, I have NOT read all of her books yet. I think there is a dozen that I haven’t had the opportunity to read yet, but I am working on that. Natasha’s books range from sports romance, to small town romances, to work place, to actors, and each book draws you in. They are steamy. They are emotional. They are the perfect books to pick up.




6) Helena Hunting


Website | Facebook | Instagram | TikTok


Pucked may have been my introduction to Helena’s style, but I quickly fell hard for the characters from Clipped Wings, as well as the group from the Shacking Up series (ugh, Armstrong!). Of course then there are also the characters from the All In series who have become near and dear to me. Then there are the standalone books that she has released, which are also such good reads. Seriously so many wonderful books to choose from, and none of have disappointed me. Helena has humor in her books, there is emotion in the books, there is a bit of drama, and it all just comes together to create these stories that are memorable. Also, Violet (Pucked) and Lavender (Little Lies) are so freaking hilarious. They have no filter, and I LOVE IT. 



7) Gina Azzi

Website | Facebook | Instagram | TikTok


It was the Boston Hawks series that added Gina to my auto-buy author list. And now I have the joy of going through her backlist. I’ve read all of the Boston Hawks books (obviously), am working my way through the Tennessee Thunderbolts series as they release, and have started reading the Second Chance Chicago series. For Second Chance Chicago I’ve read three out of the four books, and have been fully invested in those stories. Gina’s characters are relatable. They are fictional people that you’d probably want to be friends with if they were real. Every book of Gina’s that I have read has had me falling hard. From the characters, to the meet-cutes, to the relationships, to the drama/conflict, to the resolution and reunion, I am fully invested. The Hustler (book 8 in the Boston Hawks series) had me UGLY CRYING over a health situation with Sofie. That book hit me so hard, and I’m still not over it. Not by a long shot.



Who are the authors on your one click (auto-buy) list? Have you read any books by the authors I mentioned?

Laura



What Laura's Reading participates in the Amazon Affiliate program. As an Amazon Associate I earn a commission through purchases made using my links.