Monday, October 31, 2022

Cursed by K Loraine {a review}

"I wasn't her true love. I was her second choice. The safe choice."

Recently I've started stepping into the PNR world, and I am finding that I am liking it here. It's a nice little break from contemporary. Could I stay there permanently? No, I don't think I could, or would. I love contemporary way too much to just abandon it. 

My rating for Cursed:


Cursed pulled me in with the blurb, and I knew that I had to read it. The fact that Kim Loraine wrote it was just icing on the cake. Kim is one of my one click authors so it's of no surprise that I enjoyed the book. There is just something about Kim's storytelling that lures me in, and has me wanting to live in the worlds she creates.

I found myself really intrigued with everything that was happening throughout the book. From the reintroduction of Aurora and Philip, to the meetup at the castle, to the reveal of the curse, and everything else that happened with in this story, I did not want the story to end. The dragons were definitely a nice touch. Add in the familiar faces from The Mate Games series, and I was hooked.

Loved the little twists that Kim added to the Sleeping Beauty story, and how she brought it into a more modern setting. I am so ready for more PNR from this author.

If you think you might have read Cursed before, know that is a possibility. This book was previously released with the title of Twisted Slumber. No matter what though it's a good read! There's action, there's steam, and of course there is a happily ever after.

Go check out this novella! Especially if you've been wanting to check out paranormal romance, or the writing of K. Loraine. I think you'll enjoy it.

Happy Reading,
Laura

Amazon | Goodreads | BookBub

 

My family is cursed, and I’m the next victim.

At least, that’s what my father believes. His obsession with the sleeping curse that took my mother has driven him mad.

Growing up as the daughter of Hollywood royalty put me constantly in the sights of paparazzi. So when an invitation to visit Prince Phillip of Ashea arrives, I jump at the chance to get away from the cameras. He’s the man I’ve wanted since we were both children.

But I’ve only ever had him once upon a dream.

My prince is everything I envisioned, but a dark brooding presence has worked his way between us. Malachi, his wicked step-brother, weaves his spell around me. I should choose Phillip, but I want Mal just as badly.

In the halls of the castle, I discover fate has plans for the three of us.

One of them is destined to save me. The other is my curse.
And me? I need them both.

Cursed is a menage Sleeping Beauty retelling with a twist. Two dragons, one princess, and a destiny none of them can escape.


Thank you Kim Loraine for providing me with an advanced copy of Cursed!

Also, I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program. Therefore purchases made through the links above allow me to earn a small commission. Thank you for that!