Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thankful

 


Today is Thanksgiving here in America. It is a time to look back at the good moments that have happened in the year, and be thankful for those. 

What am I thankful for this year?

First and foremost, my husband and our kids. I think that is an automatic.

Our amazing neighbors. This year there are 5 of us families that have come together and have found fun ways to spend time together. We are building friendships, our kids are deepening theirs, and memories are being made.

The kitchen remodel is essentially complete! Now it's just those smaller projects (backsplash tile, baseboards) that need to be accomplished. This was a major undertaking, and it has turned out better than I could have expected.

My oldest brother had no major damage to his home in Florida after Hurricane Ian went through. (he had just moved to Florida a month earlier!)

Speaking of that hurricane...I am also thankful that my Mom and stepdad were NOT in Florida during that. The mobile home community that they have a property in had so much destruction. While that chapter of their Florida story is over, they've since found another place to move to.

Music. I have been playing 3 albums back to back, and I regret nothing. (If you're curious: Harry's House, Midnights, and Faith in the Future) Music brings such joy to my life, and I often find myself singing along to whatever is on the radio (or those 3 albums that I play on repeat.)

Books, and the authors who create the books. In 2022 I have been fortunate enough to read many advanced copies of new releases. Through these advanced copies I've discovered many authors who I adore. They are the ones that you see on my anticipated reads list month after month. Reading is my primary hobby, and being able to escape into those amazing worlds is just the best.

Last, but certainly not least, is the fact that I am able to continue to be a stay at home mom. With the way prices are going, that may not always be the case. Right now I cherish these moments, and give thanks for the situation. Being a stay at home mom allows me to take care of my kids when they are sick without having to worry about work, run them to doctors appointments, have meetings with their teachers, pick them up early from school if need be, volunteer at their schools, and so much more. This blessing is something I do not take lightly.

What are you thankful for? What positive events from this year stand out?


Laura

Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!