Friday, November 25, 2022

10 Bookish Gift Ideas

The holiday season is upon us! That means many people are looking for gift ideas for their family and friends. Should there be a book lover on your list, I have a few ideas for you.


As a book lover, I have been keeping my eyes open for new things, and have started a bit of a list. These are all things that I would love to open this holiday season (or any other gift giving time). Perhaps the book lover in your life would like them too.

1) A Warm Blanket

This chunky knit blanket is one that I have on my list! I'm hoping for the 40x60 size. Color wise I am liking this beige, but the light gray, and the camel also caught my eye.

Blanket

2) Cozy Socks

Now personally I am not a big fan of socks, but the Minnesota winters seem to stick around for way too long, and I have to wear the foot prisons when I go out. So why not have cute book socks to wear! I love these comic book socks, the library card socks, of course Harry Potter socks, and these pigeon socks! (My kids and I LOVE Pigeon!)



Comic Socks

Harry Potter Socks

Library Socks

Pigeon Socks

3) A Planner!

I love to have a paper planner so I can keep track of my anticipated reads! It's also a place to plan out my blog post schedule, and of course also to keep track of family happenings. (as well as bills, ugh, adulting!)

Now I already have my planner for 2023, so had I been a bit more patient this could have been a gift, but there was a sale I couldn't pass up, so I gifted it to myself. 


Now if you know me in every day life, you know that I am NOT a Star Wars fan, but this cover was adorable. So I had to. Plus look at that ewok! It's cute! Maybe one day EC will team up with Star Trek, and then I can have a Next Generation cover. Hey a person can dream! Oh, and I go with the vertical weekly in neutral. 

4) Kindle Unlimited Subscription

A KU Subscription is perfect for the avid reader! I mean come on there are over 2 MILLION books available to be read! Not to mention magazines! It really is a fantastic gift opportunity. $9.99 per month is an amazing price. Many indie authors have their books on KU, so consider checking them out.
 


5) Audible Subscription

Do you know an audio book fan? If so, gift them a few months of Audible! Now I am personally not an audio book fan, but my daughter is. So this is a gift possibility for her.

Paying for an entire year may seem a tad expensive, but it really is the best deal, as it works out to $12.50 per month ($150/year).

image source

6) Book Boxes!

This is another subscription idea. Here are two book boxes that I have caught my attention:

Reveal looks amazing! They have 4 different box options, and you can let them know you're preferred tropes! I need this one immediately!


Hello Lovely has many different book box options on their site. Quite a few are sold out, which is a bummer but understandable due to popularity. Personally I have my eye on the Trope of the Month box.

7) MERCH!

Does your reader have a favorite author, or two, or three, or a boatload? I have many favorites. 
This sweatshirt from Novel Grounds is PERFECT for the long Minnesota Winters!

I NEED this PUCKED hoodie from Helena Hunting!
(Violet + Alex 4EVER!)


I need these STINGERS joggers from the Something So series! Actually I need Novel Grounds to do another release of Natasha Madison merch.

I LOVE the Hockey Gods series from Xavier Neal!
(NEED THIS!)

Also, I desperately need Kim Loraine and Meg Anne to release some Mate Games merch! I would love a hoodie for Ravenscroft University! (or a tote, notebook, pouch, etc)

8) Bookshelf Board Games

I have 4 of these games, and want to add more to my collection! I love how they look on the shelf, and they are just fantastic versions to own. I love how the boxes look like books.






9) Signed Books or Special Covers

Find out who the reader's favorite author is, go to their website or Facebook page, and find out if they offer signed copies or special edition covers. Many offer this! Your reader will appreciate it! I have my eye on the Natasha Madison Southern series covers, as well as Helena Hunting's PUCKED series, and the Sterling Falls series from S Massery!

10) A Kindle

I know, I know, I know...I used to feel the same way about Kindles. I was firmly "physical book" for many years. Then my husband gifted me a Kindle Paperwhite and it reinvigorated my love of reading. Plus it allowed me to discover so many indie authors, that I'm now obsessed with. I recommend the Paperwhite, but I have heard good things about the Oasis. I love that side panel that the Oasis offers. The Scribe looks neat, but that price tag is not for me. I do love the option to write though, but not enough to spend $340 or higher.


There you have it! The 10 items that I think any book lover would enjoy.

Happy Reading,
Laura



Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program, as well as the Erin Condren referral program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!