Thursday, February 23, 2023

My 3 Favorite Antagonists

Every so often when you read a book, you'll come across that ONE character who you just love to hate. These characters stand out with their actions, their words, and so much more. There is just something about them that has you hoping they do not get a redemption arc in any future books from the author.

Who are the characters that I have a love to hate relationship with? I'd love to tell you.



Queen Antonia


Queen Antonia comes from Aven Ellis's Modern Royals series. This woman is power hungry, doesn't really care about the happiness of her children, or that of her husband. As long as everyone bends to her will, that's the only thing that matters. Each time Antonia appears in one of the books, you know there is going to be drama, heartache from the words spoken, and some frustrated words from our hero/heroine after the meeting. Meanwhile the protagonist's significant other will speak kind words to them, and remind them of how Antonia is. Aven Ellis has created this character that the majority of the fandom just despises. It's as though she gets worse as time goes along. I cannot wait for when Aven finally releases Prince James story, because I have a feeling we will see Antonia at her absolute worst. Too bad this book isn't on Aven's upcoming schedule quite yet. The wait is torture!


Savannah


If you've read the Vegas Aces series from Lisa Suzanne, okay three of the four seasons, then you know who Savannah is. This woman is trouble with a capital T. Causing chaos, bringing the drama, and upending the lives of our main characters is her strong suit. Ever since she was introduced in the original Vegas Aces series (aka Luke and Ellie's story) she has been on my radar. Each time she popped up I would groan, and just hope that she would finally get taken down a notch. She's like teflon though as not much sticks. Plus she always teams up with another woman scorned, and they double team the main characters. Savannah always brings an interesting time, and oh how I don't want to like her, yet she's worked her way onto my favorite antagonist list. 


Last but certainly not least is:


Armstrong


Armstrong is one of my original love to hate characters. He comes from the Shacking Up series by Helena Hunting. EVERY SINGLE THING about Armstrong drove me up the wall when I was reading the books he was featured as a side character in. The man is just the literal worst. Whenever someone mentions his name in Helena's Facebook group, the majority are in agreement that he should not get a redemption arc. It just cannot happen. Plus the way he treated Amalie was horrible. Ugh. He is just THAT character that I cannot forget.


Who are the antagonists that you love to hate? I opted to stay in the romance genre, but I know there are many in the fantasy world that fall into the love to hate category.

Happy Reading,
Laura



Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!