Thursday, February 2, 2023

I'm So Excited For These Books!

A new month means new releases! 

These are the TEN books that are releasing in February, and I cannot wait to read them. As I was compiling this list, I realized that 9 out of the 10 books are sports romance. I'm not complaining one bit, it's just a tad excessive. I'll have to be sure to read some non-sports romance books this month to balance it out. Maybe.

Let's jump into my list.


Splintered Ice by Cali Melle

Series: Wyncote Wolves
Tropes: Hockey Romance, College, Sister's Best Friend, Grumpy/Sunshine

The best friend's sibling trope is one of my absolute favorites! Knowing that this trope is featured makes me excited. Add in the fact that it's a hockey romance, and I want it even more so.


Wild Ever After by Rebecca Jenshak

Series: Wildcat Hockey
Tropes: Hockey Romance, Marriage of Convenience, Opposites Attract
It's a hockey romance by Rebecca Jenshak, of course this goes on my anticipated reads list. I have been not so patiently waiting for the next installment of Wildcat Hockey!


Princess of Hawthorne Prep by Jennifer Sucevic

Series: Hawthorne Prep
Tropes: Sports Romance, High School, Bully, Small Town, Enemies to Lovers

I read Prince of Hawthorne Prep back in November, and Princess of Hawthorne is part two of the duet. So I HAVE to read this one. HAVE TO! I need to know what happens next.


Love, Pucks, and Other Stories by Elise Faber

Series: Rush Hockey
Tropes: Hockey Romance, Small Town, Opposites Attract, Hate to Love
Ever since finishing Axel and Bailey's trilogy, I bugged Elise Faber about Billie Rose potentially having a story. So when she confirmed that, I added it to my calendar. I thought it might be a one off, but nope, it's a trilogy. Bring on the story, and the painful cliffhangers!


You Can't Kiss the Nanny, Brady Banks by Piper Rayne

Series: Kingsmen Football Stars
Tropes: Hockey Romance, Single Dad, Forbidden, Mistaken Identity, Nanny
We met Brady Banks in the first Kingsmen Football Stars book, and he caught my attention. So knowing that his story was up next had me jotting it down on my calendar. I love a good single dad and the nanny story! Plus it's Piper Rayne, and I love their writing style (and characters).


Made For You by Natasha Madison

Series: Made For
Tropes: Hockey Romance, Enemies to Lovers, Grumpy/Sunshine
It's Natasha Madison and hockey. I'm going to read it. I'm obsessed with her books. OBSESSED. So reading Vivienne's story? Yes please! Plus the possibility of getting to see Matthew and Max again has me on the edge of my seat. Matthew Grant and Max Horton are two of the OGs, and they make me laugh constantly.


Claimed by the Shifters by Meg Anne and K Loraine

Series: The Mate Games: Pestilence
Tropes: Paranormal, Why Choose

I read the prequel and the first book, plus I read the first installment of The Mate Games, so I need to read this one. Oh the drama. The steam. The storyline. All of it has me coming back for more. I can't get enough, and paranormal romances are not my usual read. The way Meg and Kim have captured my attention has me a bit under their spell.


The Baby Blitz by Lex Martin

Series: Varsity Dads
Tropes: Sports Romance, Enemies to Lovers, Brother's Best Friend, Surprise Pregnancy
I know next to nothing about this book, with the exception that Lex Martin has written it. I've been hooked on her books since reading Dearest Clementine. So that, and the fact that it features the Brother's Best Friend trope has me adding it to my list.


Defensive Hearts by Alley Ciz

Series: BTU Alumni
Tropes: Enemies to Lovers, Grumpy/Sunshine, Sports Romance
While I'm a bit newer to the world of Alley Ciz, when I heard about this release I was all in. Hockey romance is (obviously) my favorite, and the blurb for Defensive Hearts sounded so good. Bring it on!


The Owner by Xavier Neal

Series: Dalvegan Dragons
Tropes: Hockey Romance, Workplace Romance, Age Gap, Surprise Pregnancy, Forbidden
If you know me at all, then you know that I ADORED the Hockey Gods series from Xavier Neal. All of those characters pulled me in, and had me begging for more hockey romance from the author. While the college hockey scene maybe over, we are moving on to the NHL. In The Owner, we have a player falling for the owner. Yep, that's right. Knowing Xavier's writing style I am sure to find myself laughing one moment, gasping another, and fighting off the tears. I am so ready!


I cannot wait to read these books! The sports romance is calling me, and I must pay attention. Also Rosie Blackthorne and her men are luring me in. I can't look away!

What is on your anticipated reads list for February? Any books that you feel you absolutely MUST READ? Even if they're not new releases, let me know!

Happy Reading,
Laura




Please note:
I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.
Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.
Thank you!