Friday, February 3, 2023

Thoughts I had while reading Princess of Hawthorne Prep


I recently finished reading an advanced copy of Princess of Hawthorne Prep by Jennifer Sucevic. This is the second half of Austin and Delilah's duet, and I have been anticipating this release. The book officially releases on February 10, 2023.

Rather than doing a typical review, I thought I would write out the thoughts I had while reading the book. None of what I've shared is a spoiler, or at least not from my perspective. 


If you choose to read Princess of Hawthorne Prep
(remember to start with Prince of Hawthorne Prep), then maybe you'll have similar thoughts. You may also know what scene I'm talking about with each random thought.

I hope you like this little change up when it comes to sharing reviews/thoughts on books. It's new to me, but it seemed like a good idea. Even more so since I was saying some of these things out loud.

Happy Reading,
Laura



  • I'm going to need to go back and reread the ending of Prince of Hawthorne Prep for a refresher on how it ended. Right now I'm confused.

  • Okay now I remember, and oh my word I forgot that happened. It explains the texts though and Austin's reaction.

  • Jasper is the literal worst. Why did Delilah ever date him in the first place?

  • Why is Delilah's mom acting like this? Why is she treating her daughter this way? I'm so confused.

  • I cannot believe the headmaster said that! Dang!

  • Really Austin? Really? Blackmail? Come on now.

  • Oooh I wonder what's going on between Everly and Duke? Something has to be. I wonder if Jennifer Sucevic will write their story?

  • This senior camping weekend has me concerned. Why do I feel like something major is going to happen? Especially with all the drama between Austin, Jasper, Duke, and Delilah. Not to mention Aubrey and Sloane. Something's going to happen, I just know it.

  • Don't know how I feel about the consent-nonconsent action that's happening here. 

  • What the hell Austin? Delilah why are you going along with this?

  • I like that quote from Everly. "Crying isn't a weakness. It's cathartic."

  • Wait, what? Aubrey? Austin? HUH? WHY?

  • I see what's going on here. Interesting.

  • I love that Duke wants to protect Delilah. He's such a good friend.

  • Well I didn't see that happening! That's one way of announcing what's occurring. But who was behind it? Jasper? Austin? Someone else?

  • That confrontation!!! Go Delilah! YES! Justice is served! To be a fly on that wall.

  • So happy Summer told Austin to stop being a stubborn jackass.

  • That grand gesture brought tears to my eyes. 

  • That date was planned perfectly. I love that Mom was in on it.

  • The epilogues had me smiling, and am so glad these two found their happily ever after.




Please note:
I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.
Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.
Thank you!