Friday, April 7, 2023

My Favorite Quotes from Pucking Around

I recently read Pucking Around by Emily Rath, and I absolutely LOVED IT. It lived up to all the TikTok hype. Hockey romance + MMFM Why Choose = AMAZING. The characters were fabulous. Rachel was a bit bizarre at times, but it just made me love her all the more. Jake is just a golden retriever with his energy, his neediness, his passion, and his love. Caleb appealed to me right away with his quiet demeanor, and I knew hiding beneath all that was something much more. Ilmari caught my attention not just because of his size, or his position, but because he commands that attention. He speaks when it is necessary, and when he does it is impactful.

If you're like me, and love hockey romances then you need to give Pucking Around a try. Yes it's long. Yes it's worth it. Yes it is steamy. Yes there is also a plot involved. I could not put this book down, and I was fully immersed in the world. Cannot wait to return when the next book is released.

These are a few of my favorite quotes.

Thanks for Reading,
Laura


 

I can't fall for a player...let alone three. But if love is a game, these guys are playing to win.


She overwhelms me. I feel out of control. Why did I go to her? Why did I make her sit with me? Why do I dread the idea of her sitting anywhere else?


You really think I could forget my Seattle girl? Baby, you're all I think about.


I don't melt for you, Jake Compton, I burn.


If Caleb is a Rubik's cube, Jake is a bop it.


He's burning hot, then he's ice cold. He's grumpy, he's funny, he's sexy, he's sad. It's like he's a walking mood ring.


Not much can hold my attention outside of hockey or a good book, but she can. And I don't like it.


You're in this, Cay. With Me. With us. Be my devil. Come dance with me in the dark.


You swept into my life like a swirling storm of chaos. You've shattered everything. I'm in a fucking free fall. No parachute. No one to catch me.


Jake is my joy. Caleb is my comfort. Ilmari is my rest. I want them all. Need them all.


We all have a choice in this world. Stay or go. Love or hate. Fight or flee. I get to choose what happens next.


Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!