Tuesday, April 4, 2023

What I Read in March 2023 {Monthly Wrap Up}


“In March, winter is holding back, and spring is pulling forward. Something holds, and something pulls inside of us too.”
― Jean Hersey

Just like that another chapter has come to a close. I'd say that I'm in disbelief, but that just seems to be the case with all of 2023. Hopefully March was a wonderful month for you. I know that many memories were made for my family.

Let's jump into some updates.

Life was fairly quiet. We did have spring break this month, and we opted to stay at home to do a staycation. Normally we would head to Wisconsin Dells, but price wise it just didn't make sense this year. That being said we did hit up a trampoline park, an indoor playground, and went bowling. We also went out to eat a couple of times, which of course the kids loved. The only downside to spring break was that a mystery bug hit my house. Whenever there is a vacation day it seems that my kids come down with an illness. It's part of life.

Spotify was playing constantly once again. I don't like to sit in silence, so music is a must. I alternated between my little bit of everything playlist, all of One Direction's discography, and Midnights {3 AM edition}. When I wasn't listening to Spotify, KQQL was on the radio. I just love listening to the music of my childhood, and teenage years. 

When it comes to television, I watched Picard and The Masked Singer. The Flash just hasn't been doing it for me, and I'm thankful this is the last season. I also watched, but didn't really watch, whatever my husband had on the History channel. It's one of my husband's favorite channels, and he was watching while I was reading. Every once in a while my head would pop up to see what was happening, but I couldn't tell you what was going on. 

My book total for March was wild. Not as high as February, but it was still a lot. Seriously.  In March I read 25 books. TWENTY FIVE! You better believe that all of the books were romance this month. It's just how I do things around here. I had a lot of ARCs this month. So of those 25 books that I read, 18 were ARCs. I am so thankful to receive these advanced copies, and I definitely prioritize them above backlog books. 

As for my blog, I was very successful this month with posting. I did miss two days of posting, but that's okay. My content could have been a bit more diverse, and that is something I will work on in April. One of my favorite posts was These Books Were Almost 5 Star Reads. That was a post I've never done before, but I thought it would be interesting to share my thoughts as to why a book was 4.5 stars versus 5 stars.

Book stats for March are as follows:
Books Read: 25
Pages Read: 7,378 approximately
Average Page Count:295 approximately
5 Star Reads: 3
Physical Books: 0 
E-Books: 25

What was my favorite book of the month? Ooh this is rough. There were so many fantastic books that I read, so selecting a favorite is difficult. My logical answer would be one of my 5 star reads. Honestly I think I'm going to go with The Sky At Night by Samantha Lovelock. I have a full post dedicated to this book, but when it is all said and done, Samantha Lovelock had me falling for a former antagonist. That redemption arc smacked me in the face, and I wasn't expecting it at all. 

My favorite cover of the month goes to Jagged Thorns by January James. I just love the design, and the colors used. The Third Baseman by Lulu Moore is a close second. That bokeh effect, the baseballs, and the fence just appeals to me.






I liked how I did things last month when it came to listing the books I read. So I'm going to carry that forward. Here is the breakdown by the week, and if there is a dedicated post to a title that will be linked.


Week One

Bent by Rue Lennox
Every Last Piece by JS Wood
The Front Runner by Elsie Silver
Flyball by Lisa Suzanne
The Wrong Pitch by Brittany Taylor
A False Start by Elsie Silver
Batter Up by Hallie Bennett
Captive of the Night by K Loraine & Meg Anne
Almost Goodbye by Nola Marie
The Third Baseman by Lulu Moore

Week Four

Groundball by Lisa Suzanne
Coast to Coast by Cali Melle
Hello Billionaire by Kelsie Hoss
Never Too Late by Rue Lennox
Over My Brother's Dead Body, Chase Andrews by Piper Rayne

Week Five

The Edge of Forgiveness by Kristin Turnage
Guarding Georgia by Anna Brooks
Made for Us by Natasha Madison
Rule Number Five by J Wilder
Kellan by Anna Blakely

Please tell me about the books you read in March! Any favorites? Any misses? Any recommendations? Have you read any of the books on my list? If so, tell me your thoughts on the various stories.

Happy Reading,
Laura







Please note:

I participate in the Amazon Affiliates program.

Purchases made through links above allow me to earn a small commission.

Thank you!


Thank you to the authors who provided me with advanced copies of their books.