Wednesday, September 9, 2020

The Rapid Fire Book Tag

Today is a busy day in my home. My kids return to school next week, and well that means a lot of stuff needs to get accomplished today. Between meeting the teachers, picking up chrome books, and having a quick IEP meeting, it's going to be a day. Thankfully my husband is still home (thanks pandemic), so he can keep the preschooler with him while I manage school stuff with our two elementary kids. Then he is also going to handle the pick up of materials for our middle schooler. Four kids + 3 schools = busy.


So I figured that on this busy (slightly chaotic) day a book tag would be perfect. Plus it allows you all to know me a bit better. Thanks to a Pinterest search, I discovered the Rapid Fire book tag. Over on the blog This Splendid Shambles, I learned the GirlReading was the originator of this tag. 

If you're curious about my answers, then keep on reading.

Book Tag



E-Book or Physical Book

Ever since December it's been e-book. I love my Kindle Paperwhite.


Paperback or Hardback

Paperback. It's how the majority of the romance books I buy are printed. 🤷🏼‍♀️


Online or In-store book shopping

I enjoy both, but online receives the majority of my business. Indie authors + e-books = my kryptonite.


Trilogies or Series

Ouch. I refuse to choose. They are both amazing. Same with Duets.


Heroes or Villians

Heroes. Hands down. Although I mean the villians in the Renegades trilogy were enjoyable.


A book I want everyone to read

Hmmmm, this one is difficult as there are so many potential answers. Let's go with The Kingmaker by Kennedy Ryan. Lennox and Maxim go through so much. If you read The Kingmaker, be sure to follow it up with This Rebel King. Then read Kimba's story in Queen Move. Trust me.


Recommend an underrated book

I don't know if I'd say it's underrated, but rather the author doesn't get the notice I think she deserves. The author I'm referring to is Aven Ellis. I love her rom-coms. Her book On Thin Ice is by far one of my favorites. Matt and Holly are my people. 


The last book you finished

The Tea Dragon Society by Katie O'Neill

Tea Dragon Society


The last book you bought

Forbidden Promises by Synthia Williams. Thanks to my daily email from Bookbub.



Weirdest object used as a bookmark

Receipts seem to be my go to. Although post-it's have been used. Also, drawings my kids have made on little scraps of paper. I'll use just about anything. 


Used books: Yes or No

Absolutely! Half Price Books is one of my favorite stores.


Top 3 favorite genres

Romance
Christian Fiction
Fantasy


Borrow or Buy

Yes.


Characters or Plot

Primarily the plot. The storyline has to keep my attention, the characters being likable (or people I could imagine being friends with) is just a bonus.


Long or short books

I'll read them all.


Long or short chapters

Define short? 

I don't want my chapters too short, but then there are some that seem to be never ending. So somewhere in the middle. 


Name the first 3 books you think of

Kiss My Cupcake by Helena Hunting
Roommaid by Sariah Wilson
Royal Icing by Aven Ellis


Books that make you laugh or cry

Both. I love a good rom-com, but I also love to torture myself with books that tear me apart.


Our world or fictional worlds

Right now? Fictional is winning. Our current world is just chaos. So I'll escape to my fictional places.


Audiobooks: Yes or No

Hard pass. I've tried a few times and I just cannot get into it. Give me my e-book or a physical copy, and I'm good.


Do you ever judge a book by it's cover

Absolutely. Sometimes it's a win, other times it's a fail.


Book to movie or book to tv

Television. That way I get more of my favorite characters, and the setting.


What movie or show did you prefer to the book

I'm going to say Lord of the Rings. BUT I should be honest and say I haven't actually read the books. I plan on it. It's on my 2020 goals list, but I just haven't dived in yet. The books intimidate me a bit.



The movies have drawn me in, and I want to go to Hobbiton.


Series or standalone

Oh. We're going there are we. Honestly, series is the winner. But I mean there are those standalone series that are pretty fabulous. 

That's all folks



I love a good book tag, and this was the perfect thing for today. Tell me how you'd answer these rapid fire questions.

Happy Reading,