Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Watch Me Burn {a review}


Ever since I finished reading Watch Me Burn, I have been struggling to put my thoughts to paper (um, screen). You see it's not that I didn't like the book, oh no, I quite enjoyed it. Owen and Natalie are fantastic together. The saying opposites attract is completely true for these two. It's just that I cannot convey my thoughts all of the sudden. The words have abandoned me. I can't say I've ever had that happen before. 🤷🏼‍♀️



The romance was wonderful. I loved seeing these two connect, and build that trust. Natalie made a big impact on Owen. I think it's safe to say he made one on her as well. Not to mention Natalie's parents stepping up. Loved that.

You know what really kept my attention though? It was the suspense. It all goes back to a situation that happened when Owen was a teenager. Here we are years later, and there are still people trying to bring him down.  Oofta. How everything played out. So good. I was so invested, and definitely found myself holding my breathe toward the end.

Now of course I also have questions, but it is what it is. I won't get answers because this isn't a cliffhanger type series. So no big deal. (Okay fine, it's about Owen's Mom. Do we ever find out what her issue is when it comes to Owen? Or is it just her husband's issue pushed on her? Does their relationship ever change for the better?)

What I do know is that I am going back to read the first book in the Elements of the Heart series, Watch Me Drown, because I need to know more about Gills, Whack, and Everest. Actually I might need to go back and read Buried Hearts, as that is where we apparently first meet the guys. But then if I'm going to read Buried Hearts, I suppose I should really read all of the books in the In the Dark series. Hmm, I guess I have a lot of backlist titles to read. 🤣

Have you read any books by CE Johnson? If not, I recommend Watch Me Burn. I think you might end up liking Owen and Natalie. (and then become really curious about Whack/Lucas.)

Happy Reading,



Curious about Watch Me Burn, but haven't read the teaser for it yet? I've got you covered, courtesy of Wildfire Marketing Solutions. Just scroll down a little bit.


Release Date: March 30

I was jumped. But nobody believed me.
They would have killed me if I didn’t fight back. 
Only once I started, I couldn’t stop myself.

The cops arrested me.

The town raged against me.

The judge made an example out of me.

Everyone abandoned me except my little sister.
Ten years later, she’s set to marry one of the men that destroyed my life. 
And all she wants is her big brother at her side. 

I didn’t think things could get much worse until Natalie Bell steps out of her fancy car with designer high heels to check in at my Lodge. 
A city girl doesn’t quite fit into my life out here in the wilderness. But when she’s ready to stand up for me against my biggest enemies, she happens to fit quite nicely at my side.

This fire inside of me used to be fueled by hate. Now, I only burn for her. 
They can try to force me back up on that stake and light every match in their books.
But I’m a different man now.
You see, once you learn how to live in the flames, they can no longer hurt you.

Grab Your Copy Here!




Meet C.E. Johnson


C.E. Johnson writes contemporary romance with a side of suspense. Her stories are full of emotion, heartbreak, collapsing walls, and redeeming love.

When not writing until all hours of the night, she loves to read books that feature a strong male with a soft spot for his feisty heroine. She prefers stories that rip your heart out completely, then kindly place it back into your chest with a HEA.

She lives in the Midwest with her husband, two kids, and some spoiled rotten animals.


Connect with C.E. Johnson

Hosted By

Thank you to Wildfire Marketing Solutions, and CE Johnson, for providing me with an advanced copy of Watch Me Burn. A positive review was not required. All thoughts/opinions regarding the book are my own.