Wednesday, March 31, 2021

February Top 5

 


Well this post is a little over due. I had originally planned on this going live at the beginning of March, yet here we are. Oops. That's what happens though when you take two weeks off. So yeah.

Before we move into my top 5 reads for February, let's take a look at my stats.

In February, I read 23 books, which was 5,587 pages, and 2 hours of audio.

The book breakdown is:
  • 10 advanced reader copies
  • 5 physical (library) books
  • 7 kindle books I purchased
  • 1 audio book from scribd
Let's talk ratings. My average rating was 3.7⭐️

Breaking it down a bit further, we have
  • 1 - Five Star
  • 17 - Four Star
  • 4 - Three Star
  • 1 - One Star
Now to be fair, that one star was a DNF, and I felt it needed to be rated. But we're not going to talk about that.

My longest book read in February was, Wake My Heart by Lydia Michaels. It was 406 pages.
My shortest book read in February was, Second Chance Sweetheart by Charity Ferrell. It was 64 pages.

In February, I read 13 new to me authors! OH MY WORD! That's awesome.

The time has come to talk about my top 5 books for February. After a lot of back and forth, I've settled upon my list.

5) Take A Hint, Dani Brown

by Talia Hibbert


Take a Hint, Dani Brown drew me in. It moved fast, the characters were personable, and I just loved it. The relationship between Zaf and Dani was adorable. I loved the fake dating aspect of their story. Then of course there is the Brown Sisters. These ladies are just fantastic, and bring a smile to my face. Zaf and his love of romance novels had me smiling as well. He would fit in great with the guys from the Bromance Book Club.

Oh and I'm 95% certain that Dani is my favorite of the Brown sisters. 

4) Intercepted

by Alexa Martin

Intercepted is such a fantastic book. Heck the entire Playbook series is amazing. 

I freaking loved Intercepted. LOVED IT. I fully believed it had the potential to be a 5 star read. And honestly, it probably should have been. But there was something in the last third of the book that had me wavering.

No matter what though, my thoughts about wanting to have physical copies of this series holds true.


3) Undercover Bromance

by Lyssa Kay Adams


I had been wanting to read Undercover Bromance since March 2020 when it was released. I absolutely loved Bromance Book Club, and had high hopes for its sequel. Yet for some reason I kept pushing it off. That changed in February 2021. 

I had originally thought Undercover Bromance was going to be a sports romance, but I was wrong about that. And I'm perfectly okay with that.  It truly did not matter because the content of the book pushed all those other thoughts out of my mind.

Liv and Mack could not have been better paired. These two are the embodiment of enemies to lovers. I still think about Undercover Bromance, and it's been over a month since I read the book!

So good, and highly recommend.

2) Balls to the Wall

by April Canavan

If you recall my review of Balls to the Wall, then you might remember me telling you to have tissues handy for this book. I stand by that recommendation. Heck I was tearing up within the first couple of pages. I also briefly told you there were content warnings, and again if you need to know specifics, let me know. (I don't want to spoil anything)

This small town, second chance, romance gutted me. Heck within the first few pages I was tearing up. 

Parker, Remy, and Nox have stolen my heart. Balls to the Wall was the first book in the Birch Police Department series, and I cannot wait to see more of these characters in future books. I'm sure I will fall even further for them as they help their friends out (and witness them fall in love).


So what book made the top of my list?



1) Make It Sweet

by Kristen Callihan


Now let me just say, Make It Sweet was my ONLY five star read for the month of February, and that was what helped to push it past Balls to the Wall to take the number one spot.

This love story grabbed me from the beginning. We get to see Emma and Lucian's relationship building, but we also see them grow individually. They are both gaining confidence to get back out there with their careers. The spark that these two have is off the charts.  So much steam in this book. 

The fact that Make It Sweet has a bit of a sports romance thing going on definitely influenced my love of the book, but really it was just Lucian and Emma that sealed the deal. In the beginning we had two hurt people trying to heal. In the end, well, there is love.

What was your favorite book that you read in February? It doesn't need to be a 5 star! Just any book that has stuck with you, and made an impact on you.

I'll be back soon with my March Top 5. I'm still not certain what book is going to take the top spot!

Happy Reading my friends,