Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Smolder {a review}

 


Do you ever read a book, and wish you could befriend the characters? Or move to that town? Because that was me with the book Smolder.

Friends, I recently read an advanced copy of Smolder by Emma Renshaw and it was absolutely fabulous. It is set in a small town. It has romance. It has heartache. It has family drama. It has suspense. It also, as per most romances I read, has a HEA. Smolder had me feeling so many different emotions while reading. I mean heck, I cried during the PROLOGUE! The freaking prologue. I knew right then and there that this story was going to be good.

Everything that Makenna has gone through has me wanting to give her a gigantic hug. Oh this woman has been through so much in her life. Love, loss, heartache, grief, she's experienced it all. And while she's had family and friends nearby, she's struggled with all of this primarily by herself. Makenna's been holding this in, and keeping certain aspects a secret. Now though, now Makenna is ready to fully heal. Still though she'd like to keep those secrets hidden. But there's Cort, and he can see right through Makenna. He is there, by her side, helping her as one of her biggest secrets is revealed. 

Also, I love the prank wars between the police and fire departments. Loved it. Seriously.

And the suspense part of Smolder? Oooh, it was good. I can't lie, I figured out who was behind it all fairly quickly, but I didn't know the motive until later. And when that was dropped, I can't say I was overly surprised. Everything that came out during that scene of the book, caught me off guard, but I wasn't surprised that this person did what they did.  Okay I'm not saying anything further because I'm not going to spoil anything.

By the way, Smolder is the fourth (and final) book in the Burn series. They can be read as standalones, but oh how I wish I had discovered this series back at the first book. And yes, you already know I am going to go back and read those first three books. Oh, and I would absolutely love it if Emma Renshaw would stay in this little town and continue writing stories. (or maybe she has and I just need to go look at her website. hmmm)

Thank you for taking time to read my thoughts,



Please scroll a bit further to read the teaser for Smolder. There are also links to connect with Emma Renshaw, add Smolder to your Goodreads list, as well as links to purchase the book. Thanks!

Smolder by Emma Renshaw is now live!


One night changed an entire town.

And it wrecked my life.

It was built with secrets. Secrets I kept from nearly everyone. Things no one would expect from the sweet, smiling girl with a flower shop. Besides my family, there wasn't a person in this town that knew what I'd been hiding. I'd kept it locked away safely since the fire.

I never expected to be faced with my shame, to have my darkness exposed in the light of day. I never thought Colt, the man who invaded too many of my thoughts, would be the one to bring it crashing down. He asked too many questions and saw straight through me, down to my soul. He unravelled me with one smoldering look. That's all it took for my carefully guarded world to begin to crumble.

When everything begins spinning into chaos, Colt promises to be there. I want to believe him. I want to get lost in his strong embrace, but I know I don't deserve him. And he deserves more than all my fractured pieces.

I should have known all along that keeping secrets would burn down my entire world.


Download today on Amazon, Apple Books, Google Play, Kobo, Barnes & Noble!

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3nDHIU6

Apple Books: http://apple.co/2MZd4Ic

Nook: http://bit.ly/3qjxg61

Kobo: http://bit.ly/2XCKPko

Google Play: Coming Soon!

 

Add to Goodreads: https://bit.ly/3pULRW1

 

Meet Emma


Emma loves to write, just don't ask her to write about herself. If she isn't writing, you can find her lost in a book or trying to get her doggo to take a selfie with her. He usually refuses. At the end of the day, you can find Emma at the closest Mexican restaurant eating queso and sipping on a margarita. She lives in Texas with her husband and dog.

Connect with Emma

Website | Goodreads | Amazon | Facebook | Facebook Group | Instagram | Twitter | Bookbub | Book+Main